If there is a theme for this week’s event it’s Anniversaries.
Lake City’s authority on bottleshops turns 5
Starting on Wednesday swing by Beer Authority, located in Lake City (at 12716 Lake City Way NE, Seattle, WA 98125). Now in it’s 5th year, Burc McFarlen has promised there will be some can’t miss beer on tap.
Here’s a sample:
- Lost Abbey Cuvee de Tomme
- Oskar Blues Barrel Aged Ten FIDY
- Port Brewing Deliverance
- Firestone Walker XVII Anniversary
Doors open at noon on Wednesday, with no indications on when the above (or anything else that is limited) will be on draft. For most of you this will be just another day. While those new to the ‘Authority will be amazed by the beer selection. Don’t be late.
A brewery and a funeral home (turned into a bar) celebrate another year
Thursday, March 20th, you’re encouraged to swing by Airways Brewing’s Taproom (6644 S 196th St, Kent, WA 98032) to congratulate the brewery by buying a pint. Rather than do something crazy (like pulling rare kegs out of the cellar, or releasing a limited edition bottled beer) the brewery will be operating business as usual. But you should stop by if you are in the area.
Finally, The Pine Box (1600 Melrose Ave, Seattle, WA 98122) is celebrating their 2nd Anniversary in the Capitol Hill neighborhood. As an incentive the bar is releasing a limited edition beer, courtesy Bend (Oregon) brewery 10 Barrel Brewing. Doors open at 3pm.
Be on the lookout for their 2nd Anniversary Ale “2nd Nail Sour Apple Berlinerweiss” as well as the following beers on draft:
- 10 Barrel Brewing 2 Nail Sour Apple Berlinerweiss 5.5% ABV
- Fremont Brewing 1st Nail Imperial Stout Batch 1 11.5% ABV
- Fremont Brewing 1st Nail Imperial Stout Batch 2 11.5% ABV
- Fremont Brewing 1st Nail Bourbon Barrel Aged Batch 1 11.5+% ABV
- Almanac Brandy Barrel Peche Wild Ale 7% ABV
- Avery Mephistopheles Imperial Stout 16.8% ABV
- Black Raven Grandfather Raven Russian Imperial Stout 9.5% ABV
- Deschutes The Abyss Barrel Aged Imperial Stout 11% ABV
- E9 Verre Violet Black Current Sour 7.6% ABV
- Firestone Walker 17th Anniversary Barrel Aged Strong Ale 13.3% ABV
- Logsdons Cerasus Flanders Style Sour Red Ale with Cherries 8% ABV
- Lost Abbey Cuvee de Tomme Oak Aged Sour Quad with Cherries 11% ABV
- New Belgium 2013 La Folie Flemish Sour Brown 6% ABV
About Beer Authority
Welcome to The Beer Authority, we are a full service beer bottle shop offering 400 labels of beer from around the world, craft beer on draft (and growlers to go), kegs to go and a small selection of ciders. For more information on what’s happening at the store check out our blog.
About Airways Brewing
Founded in Spring 2010, Airways Brewing Company is a growing microbrewery located in Kent, Washington. Currently producing several year-round and seasonal offerings – including Sky Hag IPA®, Chocolate Stout, Pre-Flight Pilsner™ and Oatmeal PSA™ – Airways Brewing also features limited edition and cask beers throughout the year. Pints, tasters and growler fills are available at the brewery’s Kent taproom, open Wednesday-Friday from 3-8 pm and Saturdays from 3-7 pm (6644 S 196th Street, #T-100). Pints and delicious Northwest-style food can be found at the Airways Beer & Bistro in downtown Kent, Monday-Thursday from noon-9 pm, and Friday-Saturday from noon-10 pm (320 W Harrison). Offerings from Airways Brewing can also be found in specialty bars, bottle shops and restaurants throughout the greater Seattle/Tacoma area. For more information about the brewery or Bistro, visit www.airwaysbrewing.com.