Next weekend, as you continue the countdown towards Black Friday, you are urged to visit Seattle's Pioneer Square for a rare event. Located at 310 1st Avenue, the 1st annual BREW Seattle beer festival is coming November 14th.
I know what your going to say. "Another beer festival in Seattle. Isn't this like Fremont Oktoberfest or Winter Fest at Hale's Ales?" You could not be farther from the truth.
Unlike festivals like Fremont Oktoberfest, Seattle International Beer Festival, or any of the Washington Beer Commission sponsored festivals; this one features ONLY Seattle breweries. That means there won't be any Black Raven, Boundary Bay, Silver City, or even nearby Edmond's American Brewing.
Guests will taste from over 20 breweries pouring their stellar products among music, beer culture and bites from local eateries (our mouths are watering for the pulled pork sliders & sausage paninis made to order from Pinky’s BBQ). El Camion and Chopstix food trucks will also be parked in our private alley with delicious food for purchase.
Did I mention that you get to vote on the Seattle brewery of the year? And did I mention they get to defend the title the following year?
For your voting assessment the following breweries will be in attendance at this year's festival.
- Big Al Brewing, White Center
- Big Time Brewing, University
- Bluebird Brewery, Phinney Ridge
- Elliott Bay Brewery, West Seattle & Lake City Way
- Elysian Brewing, Georgetown, Capitol Hill, Tangletown, and Pioneer Square
- Emerald City Beers, SoDo
- Epic Ales, SoDo
- Fremont Brewing, Fremont
- Georgetown Brewery, Georgetown
- Hale's Ales Brewery, Fremont
- Maritime Pacific Brewing Company, Ballard
- Naked City Brewery, Greenwood
- ODIN Brewing, South Park
- Peddler Brewing Company, Ballard
- Pike Brewing, Downtown
- Populuxe Brewing, Ballard
- Reuben's Brews, Ballard
- Schooner Exact, SoDo
- Seapine Brewing, SoDo
- Stoup Brewing, Ballard
- Two Beers Brewing, SoDo
- West Seattle Brewing, West Seattle
Also, Seattle's only cidery, Seattle Cider Co., will be in attendance.
Finally we want to remind you to always eat before, during, and after consuming alcohol at festival. We don't want to hear about people drinking on an empty stomach.
To help you avoid imbibing with an empty tank, we invite you to review the following food vendors and food trucks.
- Latona Pub located in the Green Lake Neighborhood
- Hopvine Pub located in Capitol Hill
- Naked City Taproom located in Greenwood
- Pinky's Kitchen located in Wallingford
- Trophy Cupcakes with locations throughout Seattle
- Chopstix Food Truck with stops throughout Seattle
- El Camion Food Truck with stops in Ballard, North Seattle, and Sodo.
For tickets and more information, including beers from the brewery, please visit BREW Seattle's website at http://shindigg.com/Event/dURh5zIx.
Through award-winning photography and stories, Seattle magazine at once celebrates the city’s status as the birthplace of technology, innovation and trends; the surrounding natural beauty; and the pioneering spirit that draws and keeps us all here.