Seattle, WA - Already we are half way through the month of March with thoughts leaning towards St. Patrick's Day. Course once this holiday of cheer, singing, and hangovers is over, you will need something else. We would like to offer a suggestion, dinner in the mountains.
Thursday April 1st at a rather odd start time of 7:37 PM, the kitchen of the BullWheel will be offering an interesting menu theme, breakfast to midnight snack. Each of the items from this five course meal will be paired with a Georgetown beer. That's right, Georgetown Brewing will be the guest host at this event at Crystal Mountain. Note, in the event the weather is perfect they might move the dinner to the Summit House.
Dinner is $44 per person for this 44 person event, so make your reservations now!. If you need further evidence, we have attached the menu.
Breakfast- Bacon and Eggs paired with Georgetown Roger’s Pilsner
- Braised Pork Belly with Seasame Glass Noodles, Over Easy Quail Egg and Tabasco Gastrique
Lunch- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup paired with Georgetown Chopper’s Red
- Grilled Gothberg Farms Goat Cheese Sandwich with Smoked Red Pepper and Tomato Bisque with Fried Basil Leaf
Happy Hour- Cheese Sticks, Burgers and Nachos paired with Georgetown Manny’s Pale Ale
- Mt. Townsend Creamery Fried Cheese Curds with Tomato Jam, Gleason Ranch Sliders with Caramelized Shallot and A1 Emulsion and Grilled Chicken Nachos with Wasabi Avocado Puree and Tobiko
Dinner- Meat, Potato and Gravy paired with Georgetown Superchopp IPA
- 3 Salt and 4 Peppercorn Crusted Wagyu Top Sirloin, Whole Roasted and Shaved with Oregon Truffle Yukon Potatoes and Roast Garlic, Sriracha and Chopper Beer Demi Velote
Dessert- Brownie Sundae paired with Georgetown 9lb. Porter
- Vanilla Chip Peanut Butter Brownie with Huckleberry Ice Cream and warm 9lb Chocolate Sauce, Topped with Espresso Whip, Cayenne Candied Walnuts and Porter Drunken Cherry
Midnight Snack (served buffet style)
- Celery Sticks with Peanut Butter, Carrot Sticks with Ranch and Chocolate Chip Cookies
April 1st, 2010 7:37 PM
Georgetown Brewers Dinner, Crystal Mountain's Bull Wheel Pub and Grill
33914 Crystal Mountain Blvd. Enumclaw, WA 98022 (360) 663-3050
We're Roger Bialous and Manny Chao... a couple of beer loving local boys who brewed up a pretty darn tasty beer in the garage (actually it was the back deck, but garage sounds better). We decided to chuck our jobs... all for beer. Yee-haw.
In all seriousness, we're living out our dreams. We love beer. We love brewing. Here we are. Life's too short not to follow your beer, er... I mean passions. The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, " a flute without holes is not a flute and a donut with no holes is a danish." –source, Georgetown Brewing Company’s website
Shortly after World War I, mining activity in the area declined. The smaller claims were not profitable, and larger companies could not be persuaded to invest in the area once promoted as being “richer than the Klondike”.
It was not until 1949 that the recreational opportunities of the area were discovered. When attempts to put a chairlift at Paradise in Mount Rainier National Park failed, a group of dedicated Puget Sound area skiers got together and began looking for another place to develop a ski area in the Pacific Northwest.
After investigating other locations in the region, the group decided on Crystal Mountain for its reliable snowfall and variety of terrain. A proposal was presented to the Forest Service in 1955 and three years later the Crystal Mountain Winter Sports Area was created. Funding for initial development was raised by a sale of stock to approximately 200 people. Crystal Mountain opened for business in the winter of 1962. [more] -source, Crystal Mountain’s website