If you’ve ever wanted to merge two loves, camping and beer, Boundary Bay has an idea that is right for you.
Teaming up with Outdoor Odysseys, Boundary Bay is offering you three days and two nights of kayaking, camping, and drinking Boundary Bay beer. Did we mention the trip involves camping at Jones Island State Park?
Spend three days paddling the beautiful San Juan Islands and two nights enjoying award winning craft beers from Boundary Bay Brewing Company as our expertly guided sea kayaking tour by day becomes a “waterfront” tasting room by night. We will be pairing locally crafted Boundary Bay Brewing Company beers with our delicious camp cuisine – guaranteed to please the most discriminating palate while you relax and enjoy the view!
To pull you off the edge of indecision the brewery is offering 25% the entire trip.
To receive 25% off your trip: If you’re booking over the phone, just mention you’re a Boundary Bay fan and heard about the offer. If booking online, enter BBAY25 in the “comments” section and the discount will be applied at the time of transaction.
For more information including interviews with those that have gone in years past, visit the website.
Friday August 23rd, 2013 – Sunday August 25th, 2013
Beer Tasting and Kayaking Excursion
Beyond our menu and our beer, what makes us special is the connection we have to our community. For us, that means not just donating time, product and manpower to other local businesses, but also doing what we can to ensure the sustained health of our local economy and community.
We are locally owned and run – providing jobs to over 100 people in our community. Sustainability is a very important factor in our business which is why we certified our Beer Garden as a Backyard Wildlife Habitat, committed to move Toward Zero Waste within our brewery and pledged to buy consistently from local producers to help support Washington agriculture. We even mark all the items on our menu that include local ingredients with a “Think Local. Buy Fresh” logo so our customers can make informed decisions with their forks and their dollars! We have undertaken wastewater and energy audits, our spent grains feed the cattle at a local farm who supply our ground beef and the oil from our fryer is converted to biodiesel by a local company.
We recognize that you have a variety of different outfitters to choose from when coming on a sea kayaking tour in the San Juan Islands. Here are a few thoughts to consider when selecting your San Juan outfitter…
- Whales - The absolute “best” place to kayak and see whales is on the west side of San Juan Island.Outdoor Odysseys leaves from San Juan County Park – the “premier” launch spot for viewing whales if they are in the area.
- Lunches – We are the only kayak company to provide lunches on our day tours – saving you the time and hassle of getting a lunch together. To shave costs – some SJ outfitters don’t even provide lunches on their overnight tours.
- Dry Bags – We provide high quality Cascade Designs dry bags to keep your clothing and gear secure and dry on both our day and overnight tours. One SJ company suggests you line your pack with a garbage bag – and hope that it stays dry?!
- Our Guides – Beyond good food, beautiful place to paddle, etc. – the most crucial factor to having a great kayaking tour is the quality of your guide(s). Unlike some companies, we don’t hire guides right out of college. In fact, the average age of our guides at Outdoor Odysseys is 29 and guide for us for anywhere from 2-6 years.
- Our Trip Food – This is another area where some SJ companies can cut corners. We use only high quality ingredients in our exceptional camp cuisine including organically grown produce, real butter, real maple syrup, good coffee and bottled wines.