AREA SALES MANAGER
Location: Washington - Sales - Northwest
Employment Type: Full-Time
Silver City Brewery is looking for an exceptional person who loves good beer and wants to pursue their passion serving as Silver City Brewer's Area Sales Manager for the Seattle/North Puget Sound/Eastern WA markets. The primary focus of the position is to motivate key on- and off-premise accounts and distributor sales teams to feature Silver City beers. Key responsibilities include: increasing distribution, displays, on- and off-premise features and promotions, staff training, POS (point-of-sale) management, and leading the Silver City story & culture within the distributor and in the marketplace.
Silver City Brewery is a growing company, so we are looking for candidates who fit our company culture and can grow with us by demonstrating a high capacity to learn and take on new challenges.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Candidates must demonstrate examples of being a self-starter and possess strong organizational skills as they will be required to work from a home office.
- This job requires an excellent work ethic, extensive passion for good beer, knowledge of breweries and beer styles, and the ability to grow Silver City's business at the retail and distributor level.
- Must be able to lift 35lb cases and maneuver and place 163lb kegs.
- This position requires a significant amount of night work & some weekends.
- Extensive car travel is required.
Required Experience & Education:
- The focus of the job is to work with distributors and key retailers to build Silver City's business in the Seattle/North Puget Sound/Eastern WA markets. Consequently, experience working with distributors and suppliers is critical to success in this position and therefore, required.
- This position requires computer knowledge and proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite (including the ability to enter, retrieve, and interpret data in spreadsheets).
- The ability to understand the market planning process, a basic understanding and use of selling skills, public speaking skills, and the ability to express oneself in an articulate, succinct and professional manner is also required.
- A minimum of 3 years total beverage alcohol industry related experience required.
- A minimum of a 2-year college degree (or equivalent experience) is required, 4-year college degree (or equivalent experience) preferred.
Additional requirements to consider before applying:
Please submit job inquiries to
Kurt Larson, Director of Sales & Marketingkurt@silvercitybrewery.com
For most in the Puget Sound, when you look west at the Olympic Mountains you're looking right at the "Silver City". The convergence point right before you jump off into the wilderness of the Olympic National Forest on your way to the Pacific Ocean, resting between the edge of the Puget Sound and the base of the Olympic Mountains, rests Silver City. This Urban-Suburban experience is a sweet brewer's mash of Seattle city life and breathtaking outdoor adventure, all within ones reach. Beer, well made, brings the people of the "Silver City" together in celebration of having it all.
Silver City Restaurant & Brewery
is the Kitsap Peninsula's premier destination for award-winning, handcrafted beers, Northwest-inspired food, legendary hospitality, and great memories in a fun, friendly environment.
Silver City was started in 1996 by Co-owners Steve & Scott Houmes, and it remains a locally owned and operated family establishment. Silver City Brewery's handcrafted beers are available on draft, in 22oz bottles, and 12oz bottle & aluminum can 6-packs around the Western Washington area in bars, restaurants, and grocery stores.
Silver City Brewery's production facility & brewery taproom is located at 206 Katy Penman Ave. in Bremerton, WA. Silver City Restaurant is located in Silverdale at 2799 NW Myhre Rd.
N.W. Beer Guide