Friday Harbor, WA… Brews, bites, and the big screen! Join us as the gourmet archipelago celebrates a decade of great food, local farms, and independent filmmaking. Savor the San Juans turns eleven this year and has grown to encompass film festivals, a farm parade, two vineyard harvest events, harvest dinners and much more. Savor is a great way to ease into a slower time of year while basking in the food, spirits, music, and natural beauty of Orcas, Lopez and San Juan Islands. Returning events this year pay tribute to craft brewing with beer festivals bookending this annual autumnal affair.
When the tide is out, the table is set! Local seafood, oysters, heritage preserves, local sea salt, and lavender products are just some of the artisan producers in the islands. Taste these Island Grown foods and wine, beer, cider, and spirits, during a selection of farm-to-table dinners by local chefs. Take advantage of lodging, dining and transportation specials to affordably savor farm tours, demonstrations and workshops on Lopez, Orcas and San Juan Islands during harvest season.
- Back by popular demand, the 2nd annual Friday Harbor Bike 'n' Brew is on September 15th. This event will bring together visitors with islanders on a fun biking tour of the island followed by an evening of relaxing and local island and Northwest microbrew-tasting.
- The Orcas Island Film Festival from October 4th through the 8th, now in its fifth year, features a curated selection of critically acclaimed international films and audience favorites direct from their debuts at the world’s greatest film festivals including Cannes, Venice, Berlin, Telluride, Toronto, New York and Seattle.
- The Friday Harbor Film Festival on San Juan Island, running October 26th through the 28th, features documentary films that Entertain – Inspire – Enlighten us about the people, cultures, and environment that make up the area known as the Pacific Rim.
- All three islands will hold special all-day Farm Tours that include activities such as sheep shearing demonstrations, a fermentation workshop, a sheep dog demonstration, a cider pressing and great snacks such as fruit and cheese sampling and goodies from an outdoor wood-fired baking house. Dates TBD.
- The 2nd Annual Hops on the Rock festival on November 10th is literally shutting down the streets of Eastsound to host a weekend of drinking, dancing and NovemBEER events all across Orcas Island. Live music, local food, and 20+ local breweries from around the region will be in attendance for a destination beer festival like no other.
Pack your spirit of adventure and discover a moveable feast for the senses.
For more details and a complete list of events, visit www.visitsanjuans.com/savor