Belmont Station with Broadway Books @ , PORTLAND, OR Block 15 Brewery Taproom @ , CORVALLIS, OR Ninkaski Brewing @ , EUGENE, OR Magnolia Pub & Brewery with Omnivore Books @ , SAN FRANCISCO, CA Book Passage @ , CORTE MADERA, CA Double Mountain Brewery with Waucoma Bookstore @, HOOD RIVER, OR Book Larder, SEATTLE, WA Boulder Beer with Boulder Bookstore @ , BOULDER, CO Great American Beer Festival, DENVER, CO Browseabout Books, REHOBOTH BEACH, DE Word Bookstore, JERSEY CITY, NJ Sixpoint Brewery @ , BROOKLYN, NY Longfellow Books @ , PORTLAND, ME Boswell Book Company with Sugar Maple Bar @ , MILWAUKEE, WI Goose Island Brewery @ , CHICAGO, IL Ale Yeah Craft Beer Market with A Cappella Bookstore @ , ATLANTA, GA Fountain Bookstore, RICHMOND, VA Politics and Prose at Busboys and Poets @ , WASHINGTON DC
About the Book
Beer lovers of the world, rejoice! Introducing THE BEER BIBLE—the result of years of research spanning over 17,000 miles, six countries, and 52 breweries. From the publisher of The Wine Bible, this is the first truly comprehensive, style-by-style guide to the beers of the world. Complete with detailed photographs, maps, infographics, and lively writing, THE BEER BIBLE will fascinate and educate every reader, whether new to the subject or a longtime beer enthusiast.
THE BEER BIBLE (Workman, August 2015) by Jeff Alworth spans the globe from Germany to America, Japan to Scotland, and is a celebration of culture as much as it is a celebration of beer itself. At just under 700 pages, chapters deliver:
· The four beer families—ales, lagers, wheat beers, and tart and wild ales—each with in-depth profiles of more than 100 styles, from IPA to lambic, porter to pilsner, sahti to saison.
· An engaging narrative format that tells the story of each beer: the influences of geography and history, the little-known lore and amusing anecdotes, the ingredients and flavors, and the brews to try.
· A helpful “if you like X, try Y” feature that directs you to new beer discoveries based on your preferences.
· Infographics to explain and illustrate essential beer knowledge: the brewing process, appropriate glassware for each beer, how to decipher a label, how to say “Cheers!” in various languages, and more.
· A primer on food pairings that includes the “three Cs”—complement, contrast, or cut.
· A guide to beer tourism, including global pub culture (and the best way to order another round in Germany) and must-visit breweries and beer festivals around the world.
· Virtual tours of 18 of the world’s most fascinating, innovative, and storied breweries.
Beer is the most widely consumed alcoholic beverage on the planet. It’s brewed in nearly every part of the globe, on both a large and small scale, industrially and at home, and it has been made in some form or another since the dawn of civilization. And now there’s a guide to help you navigate it all!
NATIONAL TOUR DATES
THE BEER BIBLE by Jeff Alworth
Powell’s Books @ , CEDAR CROSSING, OR
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23 New Belgium Brewing @ , FORT COLLINS, CO
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 24
BookBar@ , DENVER, CO
Changing Hands Bookstore @ , TEMPE, AZ
Samuel Adams with Trident Booksellers & Cafe, BOSTON, MA
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21
Urban Chestnut Brewing Company with Main Street Books @ , ST. LOUIS, MO
Books & Books @ , CORAL GABLES, FL
Inkwood Books @ , TAMPA, FL
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 8
Yazoo Brewing with Parnassus Books, NASHVILLE, TN
N.W. Beer Guide