Aslan A Study of Dreams
This mixed culture sour ale was fermented and aged in single use French Oak casks for 12 months. 75% of the grain used is a mix of floor malted and raw wheat, with the remaining 25% being Belgian Pilsner. Lightly hopped with Strisselspalt, grown in the historical region of Alsace, France. The mixed culture used consists of 12 varieties of Brettanonmyces, several strains of Lactobacillus, Pediococcus, and 1 strain of Saccharomyces - all of which were added simultaneously.

Like some of our previous barrel offerings, expect noticeable oak character woven into the complexity of the beer. While reminiscent of both Napa Valley Chardonnay and traditional Berliner Style Wiess, we are referring to this offering as an American Style sour ale. It attempts to be nothing more than a vessel to contemplate the maturation of beer in new oak.

5.3% ABV | - IBU

image courtesy Aslan Brewing Company

image courtesy Aslan Brewing Company