Vancouver, B.C., May 14, 2019—Celebrating 10 years of craft beer and craft beer culture, the most anticipated craft beer and cider festival in Western Canada returns to the PNE Fairgrounds June 8 and 9, 2019, for a full weekend of live music, food, art, craft beer and cider, games and good times. The 10th annual Vancouver Craft Beer Week Festival (VCBW) caps off a 10-day citywide celebration of craft beer culture and community, running May 31 through June 9. For a complete list of VCBW citywide events including VCBW’s 10th Anniversary Kickoff Party on May 31, visitVancouverCraftBeerWeek.com.
In the spring of 2010, just after the completion of the most successful Winter Olympic Games in history, a few craft beer enthusiasts gathered around a table over a pint and a timely idea: to create a week-long festival to showcase “real beer”—and so, the first Vancouver Craft Beer Week was born. The first VCBW Festival started at a small venue (Heritage Hall on Main Street), hosting about 100 beer aficionados and 15 breweries. Now, a decade later, the city-wide celebration lasts 10 days, with more than 50,000 people taking part in dozens of events across the city—including 15,000 people at the annual VCBW Festival at the historic PNE Fairgrounds—all honouring the province’s favourite commodity.
VCBW 2019 Festival highlights:
• 100 + breweries and cideries pouring more than 300 beers and ciders
• Festivalgoers can create a list of must-try breweries and favourite standout beers in advance through the VCBW website
• BC Ale Trail-er pouring 10 craft breweries from the furthest reaches of B.C.’s Ale Trail
• BC Farm Crafted Cider Association’s cider row featuring a variety of cideries from across the province
• United States Brewers Association has chosen the VCBW as their exclusive Canadian festival partner four years in a row. They are crossing the border to present 20+ breweries and 40+ beers, many of which have never been poured in Canada
• Live interactive painting with the Vancouver Mural Festival
• Go RV’ing presents a camp style lounge outfitted with one of their popular retro trailers
• VIP Section catered and presented by Whole Foods Market
• No stress transportation to the festival with dedicated Evo valet parking (attendees must plan an alternative safe ride home)
• Live music lineup includes BB, Campfire Shitkickers, Dead Soft, Eleven Twelves, Foxy Moron, Rain City, the Spillionaires, the Tanglers, Woodhead, Mark Woodyard & Friends, Vinyl Ritchie, Young Friend, plus the Carnival Band, Hip Hop Tricycle, DJ Sheldon Knight and DJ Hebegebe.
VCBW 2019 Festival
• Saturday, June 8 from 2pm to 7pm, and Sunday, June 9 from 12pm to 5pm at the PNE Fairgrounds, Vancouver. Single day, weekend passes and VIP tickets available now at VancouverCraftBeerWeek.com starting at $39.
VCBW is committed to providing a safe space for all genders, ethnicities, abilities and sexual orientations to enjoy and ensuring that craft beer is promoted and appreciated responsibly by adults. All volunteers, staff, and attendees should enjoy their experience free from harassment, assault or intimidation—any such behaviour will not be tolerated. As with all VCBW events, Serving It Right rules apply—attendees must be 19+ years of age and provide two pieces of ID. VCBW guests are reminded to drink responsibly and plan a safe ride home.
About Vancouver Craft Beer Week
Celebrating 10 years of craft beer and craft culture, Vancouver Craft Beer Week (VCBW) has become the most anticipated beer and cider festival in Western Canada. VCBW has evolved from Canada’s first-ever craft beer week into a cultural engine that showcases music, food, art, and craft beer at events across the city starting the last Friday in May every year. VCBW 2019 kicks off on Friday, May 31, continuing throughout the week with events and programming all over the city, culminating at the historic PNE Fairgrounds on Saturday, June 8, and Sunday, June 9, where more than 100 craft breweries and cideries will be pouring 300+ beers and ciders. For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit VancouverCraftBeerWeek.com.
Find Vancouver Craft Beer Week Online
Hashtags: #VCBW #VCBW2019 #tenyearsofVCBW
thumbnail “Vancouver Craft Beer Week 2018 Festival at the PNE Fairgrounds.” courtesy Photo by Mark Yuen