For the last three years, Gilgamesh Brewing has collaborated with Trailblazer great Terry Porter on a delicious beer that helps raise money for children with serious health care needs. Together with Columbia Distributing, $1 from every 6-pack and 22 ounce bottle, and $25 from every keg sold is donated to the Doernbecher Children's Hospital Foundation. At The Campus, Gilgamesh's brewery and restaurant, $1 from every Terry Porter pint is added to a giant glass case where customers can see their dollars add up or they can shoot wadded up money balls into the case for a little extra fun and contribution.
Two months ago, The Campus was burglarized, the case was shattered, and the culprit got away with $4,000-$6,000. In response, the community came to the rescue and one by one replaced the stolen funds. In an effort to continue this positive momentum, Gilgamesh will be hosting the first annual Gilgamesh Charity Auction Benefit Dinner on June 2nd at 5:30pm.
The evening will begin with a cocktail hour and silent auction, and then proceed into a social dinner of epicurean fare. Over dessert, Dr. Michael Powers will speak about OHSU Doernbecher’s work and the specifics of the Cystic Fibrosis Program, the focus of this year's Benefit Dinner. A live auction will begin after dinner and presentations, and we will end the night with music and dancing.
"Our goal is to take this negative act and spin it into a positive event to bring our community together and ultimately raise much more funding for the Doernbecher Children's Hospital Foundation." - Matt Radtke, Co-Owner of Gilgamesh Brewing.
The event is held at Gilgamesh Brewing, The Campus - 2065 Madrona Ave SE Salem OR, 97302, Starting at 5:30pm on June 2nd. Guests are encourage to wear semi-formal to formal brewery attire. Each seat is $40 or $400 per table of 8 seats. Each seat or table purchase comes with a "full open bar, dinner, dessert, and a wonderful evening of entertainment and fun".
Lastly some additional details from Gilgamesh Brewing Company.
How can you help?
1. Buy a ticket at www.gilgameshbrewing.com/terryporter.
2. Be a table sponsor at www.gilgameshbrewing.com/terryporter.
3. Bring your pocketbook and bid to your hearts content on the fantastic auction items!
4. Donate an auction item to the silent and oral auction.
5. Volunteer! We are looking for about a dozen people to help out on the night of the event and possibly a couple days leading up to the event.
Sponsor and Donor Recognition:
1. Table sponsors will have their name or branding prominently displayed on their table as well as their branding displayed on a large screen during the event and thanked by the event’s emcee.
2. Silent Auction donors will have their name/branding displayed on a large screen during the event.
3. Oral Auction donors will have their branding displayed on a large screen during the event and thanked by the event’s emcee. Gilgamesh will also give them a free advertisement of their own design to be displayed in the restaurant on our large screen for one year!
4. Table sponsor with any additional auction item will have their branding displayed on a large screen during the event and thanked by the event’s emcee. Gilgamesh will also give them a free advertisement of their own design to be displayed in the restaurant on our large screen for one year!
Information about OHSU and the Cystic Fibrosis Center:
Have Donations or Questions: Contact your favorite Radtke family member:
Lee Radtke, 503-871-8665 email@example.com
Mike Radtke, 503-871-6688 firstname.lastname@example.org
Nick Radtke, 503-779-9687 email@example.com
Matt Radtke, 503-910-3614 firstname.lastname@example.org