Despite the calendar year showing 2018, it might as well be 1918 if you comprehend the progress the world has made towards gender equality. If you are one who opines that equality is here, then you either live in an echo chamber or are completely ignorant to the continued signs of inequality. Pike Brewing a sentinel against the continued stereotype of a female-led brewery, is once again hosting Women in Beer.
A Seattle Beer Week event at Pike Brewing Company celebrating women in the Northwest craft beer industry along with women owned and led restaurants, cideries, wineries, chocolatiers and more. Now in it's 7th year, Women In Beer proudly benefits Planned Parenthood of The Great Northwest and Hawaiian Islands.
Event attendees will be treated to tastes and bites from over 35 local breweries, cider makers, cheese makers, restaurants, chocolatiers and more. Samples will be available from notable Seattle names as well as newcomers to our food and drink industry. Participating businesses will be updated shortly.
Pike Morning After Pale is the official beer of Women In Beer. This women-brewed beer also benefits Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest and the Hawaiian Islands.
Included in this year's event will be breweries like:
- Bale Breaker Brewing Company, co-founded by Meghann Quinn
- Dru Bru
- Floating Bridge Brewing, co-owner Dawn Perry and Russ Cornell
- Hierophant Meadery, co-founders Michelle & Jeremy Kyncl
- Icicle Brewing Company, founded by Pam Brulotte
- Georgetown Brewing Company
- Lowercase Brewing
- Pico Brew
- Pike Brewing Company, co-owned by Rose Ann Finkel, Patti Baker, Charles Finkel, Drew Gillespie, and Gary Marx
- Pondera Winery
- Populuxe Brewing, co-owned by Amy Besunder and Peter Charbonnier
- Optimism Brewing, co-owned by Gay Gilmore and Troy Hakala
- Stoup Brewing, co-founded by Robyn Schumacher and Lara Zahaba
- Sumerian Brewing Co., co-founded by Holly Ihrig
- Timber City Ginger Beer, co-founded by Kara Patt and Kyle McKnight
- Woodinville Ciderworks
Besides beer, cider, mead, and wine look for the following restaurants who are donating their time.
- Capitol Cider
- Café Lago
- Flour Box
- Gnocchi Bar
- Heritage Restaurant
- jcoco chocolate/Seattle Chocolates
- Succulent Catering & Events
- Tankard & Tun
- That Brown Girl Cooks
- Volunteer Park Café
Women in Beer will be held at Pike Brewing Company, located at 1415 1st Avenue in Seattle's historic downtown. To purchase tickets visit https://thestranger.boldtypetickets.com/events/52523701/women-in-beer.