Momentum still blowing through their sails, the staff and brewers at pFriem Family Brewers are eager to share their latest batches of beer with you. Like everyone else on the planet, the brewery made a resolution. Mind you no one would personally resolve to releasing over 100 beers, let alone 15 in the Spring. But that's what the brewery has done starting with their Bright Pale, Helles Lager, and Saison.
More on Bright Pale, Helles Lager, and Saison.
Bright Pale – Building on an already great tradition of American Pale Ales, Bright Pale is bursting with fruity, tropical brightness. It has notes of white grapes, pineapple, and pine and tropical aromas of honeydew melon and passion fruit that lead you to a crisp, fruity, and clean finish. With Warrior, Simcoe, Calista and Hallertau Blanc hops, and Rahr Pale Malt, Gambrinus Pilsner and Carapils malts, this one comes in at 5% ABV and 33 IBUs. One sip will brighten anyone’s day!
Helles Lager - In 19th century Germany, pilsners were all the rage so Munchen brewers created a malty hoppy beer of their own called Helles. pFriem Helles Lager builds on that history with a toasty lager that’s savory and smooth with aromas of fresh bread and a hint of honey. So let’s toast this beer’s storied and delicious history with a hearty, “Helles Yeah!” With 4.8% ABV and 25 IBUs, this special brew features Weyermann Pilsner, Weyermann Barke Pilsner and Acidulated malts and Perle and Tettnang hops.
Saison- Back in the early 20th century, farmhouses in Wallonia, the French-speaking region of Belgium, would brew this beer in the winter, only to be consumed in the summer by their farm hands called Saisoners. These beers are known for being tart, lite on the palate, dry, fruity and complex. pFriem Saison is a fragrant ale ready to warm any palate with tropical notes of guava and kumquats. Featuring Gambrinus Canadian Pilsner and Gambrinus Wheat malts and German Tettnang, Sorchi Ace and Motueka hops, Saison has an ABV of 6.5% and 32 IBUs.
In addition to the above beers, look for:
- pFriem IPA *Available all year
- pFriem Pilsner *Available all year
- pFriem Belgian Strong Blonde *Available semi-annually
- pFriem Down Under IPA *Spring Classic
- pFriem Lemon Zest Farmhouse *Available May thru June
- pFriem Kolsch *Limited Classic, Available April thru June
- pFriem Wit *Limited Classic, Available April thru June
- pFriem Abrikoos *Limited Barrel Aged Series, Available April thru June
- pFriem Peche *Limited Barrel Aged Series, Available April thru June
- pFriem Bobessen *Limited Barrel Aged Series, Available April thru June
- pFriem Flanders Red Kriek *Limited Barrel Aged Series, Available April thru June
- pFriem Fraise *Limited Barrel Aged Series, Available April thru June
- pFriem Barrel Aged Saison II *Limited Barrel Aged Series, Available April thru June
- pFriem Sauv Blanc Barrel Aged Golden Ale *Limited Barrel Aged Series, Available April thru June
As always, the brewery's taproom and kitchen is the best place to enjoy pFriem Family beers. For more information visit http://www.pfriembeer.com.
About pFriem Family Brewers
pFriem Family Brewers (pronounced “freem”) is a Northwest and Belgian inspired 15-barrel brewery and tasting room in Hood River, OR. Founded in 2012 by Josh pFriem, Ken Whiteman and Rudy Kellner, pFriem has experienced incredible growth in its short five years and has earned prestigious awards, including multiple medals in national and international brewing competitions. Best known for artisanal beers influenced by the great brewers of Belgium while staying true to homegrown roots in the Pacific Northwest, pFriem craft brews are unmistakably unique in both flavor and balance. Visit pFriem online at www.pfriembeer.com, or onsite daily at 707 Portway Ave., Suite 101, Hood River, OR 97031.