EUGENE, Ore.—Feb. 15, 2018—Craft beer drinkers have three fresh reasons to enjoy the “CraftLife” with the recent release of a series of easy-drinking flavors from Ninkasi Brewing — an independent craft brewery based in Eugene, Ore. Prismatic Juicy IPA and Yours Truly Easy-Drinking Ale join Pacific Rain Northwest Pale on market shelves and beer taps throughout Ninkasi’s distribution footprint, which includes 12 states and two Canadian provinces.
The lighter, flavorful beers represent a shift for the 11-year-old brewery. Long known for its bold, hoppy beers, such as its flagship Total Domination IPA, Ninkasi set out to meet the evolving tastes of craft beer lovers. Ninkasi calls it the “CraftLife,” and it’s about more than just beer. It’s about realizing dreams and strengthening bonds — it’s life experienced over beer.
Prismatic, Yours Truly, and Pacific Rain are all lower in alcohol and IBUs than many of Ninkasi’s core brands, pairing perfectly with whatever adventures lie ahead. In addition, all three beers will hit store shelves in gorgeous new cans—a first for Ninkasi—to better accompany craft beer lovers on the move.
“All three beers were created to go wherever our customers go, while holding on to the flavor that beer drinkers have come to expect from Ninkasi,” says Cheryl Collins, Ninkasi CEO. “The result is three beers that meet the evolving palates of craft beer lovers, while inviting potential new beer drinkers to try a beer that is a more flavorful option.”
Ninkasi’s releases include:
Prismatic Juicy IPA – 5.9% ABV, 36 IBU
Introduced for the first time, Prismatic Juicy IPA offers an irresistibly colorful hop experience. This beer is all about playing up the juicy hop notes. To do so, Ninkasi brewers added Mosaic and Simcoe CRYO HOPS®, creating an IPA that is citrusy, tropical and bright with notes of pineapple, passionfruit and guava. The can design depicts a playful color palette that speaks to the tropical flavors and aroma of the beer.
- Description: Juicy hops burst with notes of pineapple, passionfruit and guava in this irresistibly flavorful IPA. Dry hopped with Mosaic and Simcoe CRYO HOPS®, Prismatic offers a deliciously colorful hop experience.
- Tasting Notes: Full of juicy hop aroma and flavor, Prismatic’s colorful hop experience is citrusy, tropical and fruity with subtly sweet malt and a balanced finish. Notes of pineapple, passionfruit and guava linger on the palate.
- Hops: El Dorado, Centennial, Simcoe, Citra, Mosaic CRYO HOPS®, Simcoe CRYO HOPS®
- Malt: 2-Row Pale, Vienna, Flaked Barley, White Wheat
- Packaging: 12oz. 6-pack cans, draft
- Available: Year-round
Yours Truly Easy-Drinking Ale – 4.3% ABV, 20 IBU
Also making its first debut is Yours Truly Easy-Drinking Ale. Crafted as an ode to Ninkasi’s beer drinkers, Yours Truly is crisp and refreshingly effervescent. Its delicate hop bouquet offers a lightly floral, herbal and fruity flavor profile. With a smooth finish, Yours Truly leaves one ready for the next sip.
- Description: Crafted with sincerity, Yours Truly offers a sweetly toasted malt profile and a delicate hop bouquet. With a satisfying, crisp finish, this beer is brewed for your easy drinking.
- Tasting Notes: Brilliant in color, Yours Truly is crisp and refreshingly effervescent. A dash of hops gives this beer a lightly floral, herbal and fruity hop profile. Its sweetly toasted malt profile carries notes of cracker, cereal, biscuit, and honey.
- Hops: Glacier, Santiam, Crystal, Liberty
- Malt: 2-Row Pale, Vienna, Flaked Barley, Crystal
- Packaging: 12oz. 6-pack cans, 12oz. 15-pack cans, draft
- Available: Year-round
Pacific Rain Northwest Pale – 5.4% ABV, 50 IBU
First released in February 2017, Pacific Rain Northwest Pale quickly grew in popularity as Ninkasi’s newest year-round beer. Refreshingly crisp, Pacific Rain celebrates all the Northwest has to offer including stellar water from Oregon’s McKenzie River. Brewed with a band of four distinguished hops, this beer is citrusy and tropical with a satisfying finish. Pacific Rain is tailor-made to be enjoyed wherever the next adventure may lead.
- Description: Fiercely flavorful and refreshingly drinkable, Pacific Rain is your call to experience the Pacific Northwest. Crafted with water from Oregon’s McKenzie River and a band of four distinguished hops, this Northwest Pale is citrusy, crisp and tailor-made for easy drinking.
- Tasting Notes: This flavorful Northwest Pale Ale starts with a balanced, malty sweetness that lays the groundwork to profile some of the most alluring hops around. Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe and Nugget hop varieties offer a captivating experience with flavor and aroma notes that are citrusy, tropical, floral, and piney. The residual sweetness rounds out the hop flavor making each sip as smooth and refreshing as the last.
- Hops: Citra, Simcoe, Mosaic, Nugget
- Malt: 2-Row Pale, Munich, Oats
- Packaging: 12oz. 12-pack cans, 12oz. 6-pack bottles, draft
- Available: Year-round
Visit DrinkNinkasi.com and track down these new beers.
About Ninkasi Brewing Company
Founded in 2006 by Jamie Floyd and Nikos Ridge, Ninkasi Brewing Company has continued to grow from its first batch of Total Domination IPA to the 33rd largest craft brewery in the United States. Independently owned and operated in Eugene, Ore., Ninkasi’s Flagship beers include Total Domination IPA, Tricerahops Double IPA, Dawn of the Red IPA, Hop Cooler Citrus IPA, Pacific Rain Northwest Pale, Helles Belles Helles Lager, and Vanilla Oatis Oatmeal Stout. Ninkasi beers are sold throughout Alaska, Alberta, Arizona, British Columbia, California, Colorado, Idaho, Maryland, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Virginia. Committed to community support and giving, Ninkasi’s Beer is Love program offers donations to 501(c)(3) organizations throughout its footprint.
CRYO HOPS® is a registered trademark of Yakima Chief - Hopunion, LLC, Yakima WA.