EUGENE, Ore. ... Ninkasi Brewing Company is proud to bring back Sleigh’r Winter Ale to its Seasonal Release Series. Available in bottles and on-draft September through December, this deeply-roasted, uniquely crisp winter seasonal is the perfect beer to usher in colder months.
Brewed with an Alt yeast and fermented at colder lagering temperatures, Sleigh’r has a dryer finish than traditional ales. First released in 2009, Sleigh’r was crafted to offer-up an unexpected take on a winter seasonal. Now in its eighth year of production, Sleigh’r continues to be a winter favorite among beer drinkers.
“We look forward to brewing and drinking Sleigh’r every year,” says Jamie Floyd, Ninkasi co-founder and founding brewer. “This beer plays up the rich malts and the unique qualities of the German Alt yeast, offering a beer that is smooth, warm, and full of toasted malt complexity.” Brewed with Nugget hops, the roasted barley and chocolate malts give Sleigh’r a rich, balanced malt flavor with a dry finish.
Sleigh’r is available this month through December in 12-ounce 6-packs, 12-ounce 12-packs, 22-ounce bottles, and on-draft. Use the Delicious Beer Finder to track down local Ninkasi retailers.
Seize the season with Sleigh'r. Layers of deeply toasted malt are balanced by just enough hop bitterness to make it deceivingly drinkable. Paired with a dry finish, Sleigh’r is anything but your typical winter brew.
- Style: Winter Ale
- Series: Seasonal Release Series
- Available: Sept. – Dec.
- ABV: 7.2%
- IBU: 60
- Malt: 2-Row Pale, Crystal, Munich, Carahell, Roasted Barley, Chocolate
- Hops: Nugget
- Packaging: 12 & 22oz. bottles, On-draft
- Tasting Notes: An Alt ferments with Ale yeast at colder lagering temperatures. This effect gives Alts a more refined, crisp lager-like flavor than traditional ales. This beer has been “Ninkasified,” raising the ABV and IBUs. Sleigh'r has a deep, toasted malt flavor that finishes dry and balanced.
- Food Pairings: Beef, Lamb, Duck, Steamed Shellfish, Strong Cheeses, Chocolate Torte