Surrey, BC – Canadians have twelve more “beertastic” reasons to celebrate Canada’s 150th Anniversary of Confederation. Central City Brewers + Distillers is pleased to announce a Canada-wide beer collaboration with Canadian breweries from all 12 provinces on the Red Racer Across The Nation Collaboration 12-pack, to commemorate the country’s milestone birthday.
The Red Racer Across The Nation Collaboration is the only cross-Canada beer collaboration celebrating Canada 150, and features the joint efforts of 12 brewmasters and brewery operators, with 12 unique beers brewed at Central City’s brewery in Surrey. As any true collaboration, each partner brewery joined with the Red Racer team to craft a beer that is truly representative of the province in which they represent.
“There is a great sense of comradery amongst us craft brewers in Canada, and what better way to show our pride in our country than to bring together some of Canada’s best breweries on a celebratory mix-pack to commemorate this huge Canadian milestone,” says Gary Lohin; Central City Brewers + Distillers’ Brewmaster. “We all know Canada is renowned for our great beer and it has been such an honour to work with each of the breweries. We can’t wait to showcase some spectacular beers and the brewing talents of all 12 breweries.”
The breweries partnering on the Red Racer Across the Nation Collaboration are:
- British Columbia, Delta: Four Winds Brewing Company with Brewmaster, Brent Mills
- Alberta, Calgary: Last Best Brewing & Distilling with CEO, Brett Ireland and Brewer, Phillip Hamilton Brian
- Saskatchewan, Swift Current: Black Bridge Brewery with Co-owners, Clayton and Kari Stenson
- Manitoba, Winnipeg: Half Pints Brewing Company with Brewmaster, Chris Young
- Ontario, Vankleek Hill: Beau's Brewing Company with Owner, Steve Beauchesne and Brewer, Kevin James
- Quebec, Shawinigan: Le Trou Du Diable with Pilsner Brewer Specialist, Stephane Thibodeau and Co-owner, Luc Bellerive
- Nova Scotia, Halifax: Garrison Brewing Company with Brewmaster, Daniel Girard
- New Brunswick, Fredericton: Picaroons Traditional Ales with Sean Dunbar, Owner and Operator
- Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown: PEI Brewing Company with Head Brewer, Chris Long
- Newfoundland, St. John’s: Quidi Vidi Brewing Company with Brewer, Einar Holtet and Sales and Marketing Manager, Justin Fong
- Yukon, Whitehorse: Yukon Brewing Company with Head Brewer, Jon Zaugg and Brewer, Troy Charlton
- Northwest Territories, Yellowknife: NWT Brewing Company with Owner, Fletcher Stevens
The Red Racer Across the Nation Collaboration 12-pack (330 ml bottles) will be available in liquor stores in most provinces in early May 2017, and as two unique 6-packs (East and West) in some provinces. Look for more details on the beers to follow in the coming weeks. Visit www.centralcitybrewing.com for more information and follow Central City on social media: Instagram: @RedRacerBrew, Twitter: @RedRacerBrew, Facebook: RedRacerBrew.
About Central City Brewers + Distillers:
Central City is a craft brewery and distillery in the business of developing, producing and selling international award-winning, premium craft beer and high quality distilled spirits, brewed without compromise. Based in Surrey, British Columbia, CCBD was voted Canada’s Brewery of the Year in 2010 and 2012. Their Red Racer brand has become a cult icon among craft beer enthusiasts throughout North America. Founded in 2003 as a brewpub and liquor store in downtown Surrey, CCBD celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2013 with the grand opening of a brand new, 68,000 sq. ft. brewery and distillery on Bridgeview Drive. It opened a second restaurant in downtown Vancouver, Central City on Beatty, in 2015. www.centralcitybrewing.com