… boasts an award-winning brewery that produces a variety of small-batch beers available at the pub and friendly bars and restaurants in Seattle, Tacoma, Bellingham, and beyond. The 24 taps … offer a constantly rotating variety of Washington's best beers, regional craft beers, and the best beers Donald and Don have found in two lifetimes of beer travels around the world.
These are some of the words recovered from the internet domain known as nakedcitybrewing.com.
What started as two home brewers, with a shared dream of opening their own bar, has turned into one of Seattle’s beloved alehouses (and breweries) in the city. Almost six years old the brewery and taproom has been strong a supporter of the Washington beer scene, since they opened in October 2008. But how many know they have been supporting Seattle Beer Week since 2009.
Naked City Brewery is celebrating six years as a founding sponsor of Seattle Beer Week with 6 epic events featuring over 70 breweries and 100 of the finest beers from the Northwest. Each event features a unique line-up of rare & specialty brews, delicious food pairings from Chef Tessa, and an outdoor bar in the newly expanded Walrus Beer Garden, which officially opens for summer when the Seattle Beer Week Tour Bus arrives on Opening Night, May 8.
Starting on Friday May 9th, NCBC hosts Nanobrewers Night, featuring 22 unique beers from Washington’s small-batch breweries. For details and and schedules dates / time, please review below.
- Nanobrewers Night, Friday, 5/9, 6-9pm: Twenty-two unique brews are tapped in this celebration of the innovative, hand-made, small batch breweries that make Washington craft beer so special.
- Barleywood Squares, Saturday 5/10, 12-3pm: Famous craft brewers compete in a large Hollywood Squares style Tic-tac-toe game, hosted by Ninkasi, and featuring a dozen special brews on tap.
- North Meets South, Monday, 5/12, 6-9pm: Naked City traversed Washington State without stopping in the middle, and brought back 18 great beers, and brewers, tucked into the borderlands.
- East Meets West, Tuesday, 5/13, 6-9pm: This mini-beer-fest in one evening features 16 astonishing breweries fermenting specialty beers East of the Cascade Mountains and West of Puget Sound.
- Oregon Legends, Wednesday, 5/14, 6-9pm: This historic night gives Seattleites the chance to meet the founders and head brewers of eight of Oregon’s finest breweries, and to taste their rarest specialty beers.
- Big Naked Washers Tournament, Saturday, 5/17, 1-4pm: Welcome to all skill levels, the game of brewers is best played on a sunny day with a pint in hand in the Walrus Beer Garden.
More on Naked City Brewery and Taproom
Featuring two large murals by local artists, the Walrus Beer Garden is built on the site of the ruckus, legendary Walrus blues tavern of the 1970s. Naked City’s comfort food menu is available with table service at each of nine large picnic tables and an outdoor bar. All ages welcome till 10pm.
About the photo’s author
+Russ is a photo blogger and an avid beer drinker"