The headline reads March 28th. But today is the 9th Anniversary of one of Seattle's most talked about bars. Located at 400 N 35th Street, Brouwer's Cafe has remained an anchor, in Seattle, to the craft beer community. With over 65 draft beers, a plethora of spirits, and one of the largest bottle lists in the state, Brouwer's has been a destination for beer enthusiasts the world over since 2005.
Taking this into consideration, while recalling their opening day, General Manager Nat Pellman and owner Matt VandenBerghe collaborated with Elysian Brewing's Steve Luke on a special beer. Dubbed Hopped to the Nines, this beer will be available at Brouwer's Cafe, Bottleworks, and The Burgundian Tavern.
Additionally the 'Cafe will be featuring draft specials,
- Firestone Walker PNC #1 Buckwheat Stout
- Flyers Bottleworks Anniversary Oak Aged #8 Laphroaig Chipped Scotch Ale
- Hair of the Dog Matt Bottleworks Anniversary
- Hopworks Urban Brewpub Brouwer’s Café Anniversary Imperial Stout
- Bottleworks XII Anniversary
- Lost Abbey Brouwer’s Blend
- 'Plus 2 more unannounced beers'
as well as bottles of:
- Far West VI Bottleworks Anniversary 750ml *
- Hair of the Dog Matt Bottleworks Anniversary 12oz *
- Russian River Deviation Bottleworks Anniversary 750ml *
- Lost Abbey Brouwer’s Imagination #1 750ml *
- Lost Abbey Brouwer’s Imagination #2 750ml *
- Fremont Old Bridgerider Brouwer's Cafe 7th Anniversary 22oz *
- Lost Abbey XV Bottleworks Anniversary 750ml *
- Bruery XII Bottleworks Anniversary 750ml *
The party starts at 3pm on Friday March 28th. But this shouldn't prohibit anyone from stopping by between today and Friday, to congratulate the staff and owners of Brouwer's Cafe by raising a glass.
*denotes 1st generation and extremely limited
About the Photo’s Author
Paul Gibson originally hails from Carlsbad, New Mexico, so it’s no wonder he prefers the Northwest’s cooler temperatures and its vast selection of hoppy delicious beers. As a kid, he first started taking photos with an Instamatic of his friends on their BMX bikes. Now he takes photos of beer, breweries and on occasion street photography, events and concerts—minus the Instamatic. You can see more of his photos on Flickr (www.flickr.com/photos/p_d_gibson ).