Opinions are something everyone have. It can be political, theological, or recreational. From voting for the next President, to weighing in on the new Roman Catholic pontiff, everyone wants to share their thoughts. But when's the last time you voted for your favorite beer? That's the question being solicited towards anyone who is looking for an excuse to get outside this Wednesday.
Starting at 6pm, The Burgundian Tavern (2253 N 56th Street) is hosting their first of three 'tap takeovers' each ending in the word Showdown. Located in Seattle's Tangletown neighborhood, the Burgundian's Oregon Showdown will challenge imbibers to choose their favorite beer.
Some might argue this seems vaguely similar to an event in Portland. Nope, this one's just as unique, since there are 5 breweries participating, each with 5 beers for you to try. For those requiring intiative prior to attendance here's the list.
Boneyard from Bend, OR
- RPM IPA
- Diablo Rojo Red Ale
- Bone-A-Fide Pale Ale
- Backbone Bourbon aged Chocolate Espresso Stout
Cascade from Portland, OR
- Honey Ginger Lime Sour Ale
- Oblique Black and White Coffee Stout
- Live Barrel Apple Tart Sour Ale
- Live Barrel Gingersnaps Sour Ale
Gigantic from Portland, OR
- Bang on! English Bitter
- Gigantic IPA
- Most Premium Russian Imperial Stout
- Too Much Coffee Man Belgium Style Black Ale with Coffee
Hopworks Urban Brewpub from Portland, OR
- Rise Up Red
- Organic Single Hop Series (Centennial)
- Army of Darkness Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout
- Oola Christmas Barrel-Aged Abominable Winter Ale
Oakshire from Eugene, OR
- 7 Barrel Anniversary Ale Baltic Porter aged with Tart Cherries
- O'Dark:30 Cascadian Dark Ale
- Snowbowl American Pale
- Watershed IPA
While in attendance you're encouraged to grab a pint (or 12 ounce glass) from 1 of 20 different beers and vote your favorite(s). The winner from this event will go on to challenge the winning Washington and Californian brewery during Seattle Beer Week.
Northwest Beer Guide