Seattle, WA) is celebrating their 2nd Anniversary.
Hard to believe a few years ago (using the term loosely) two men named Matt rented a hole in the wall, to start a 'bottle shop'. Back then the term 'bottle shop' was analogous to something that sat on a shelf in your living room and not your refrigerator or cooler. It's been over 15 years since two men evolved from cases of beer in a basement to beer in transparent refrigerators.
Many successful years later the 'Matts', as they would be nicknamed, would open a bar to simultaneously showcase over 65 unique beers, numerous spirits, and a dumptruck's worth of bottled beers. Like their 'bottle shop' Bottleworks, Brouwer's Cafe has remained a fixture in the craft beer community as well as in the neighborhood.
Two years ago, still not satisfied, owner Matt Van De Berghe and best friend Matt Bonney opened the Burgundian. With a stronger focus on promoting the cocktail and shot over the pint, The Burgundian opened on January 18th, 2012. If Brouwer's Cafe was a showcase for regional, domestic, and imported beer - then The Burgundian is a showcase for Tequila, Bourbon, Whiskey, and many other spirits. Course it doesn't hurt if this modest bar in Tangletown offers a, killer, all-day, breakfast.
If you haven't been to Burgundian then Saturday would be a great day to grab a pint with some Bonney Biscuits and Gravy.
Course this is bar anniversary so be on the lookout for the following limited draft beers.
- Allagash PNC Broken Elevator Portland Maine (8.1%)
- Brewdog Hardcore IPA Ellon, Aderdeenshire, Scotland (9.2%)
- De Proof/HOTD Fred Flanders Lochristi, Belgium (7.5%)
- Deschutes Abyss Imperial Stout Bend, OR (11%)
- Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail Imperial IPA Copenhagen / Brooklyn, Denmark (13%)
- Firestone Walker Double DBA Barleywine Paso Robles, CA (12%)
- Firestone Walker PNC Buckwheat Imperial Stout Paso Robles, CA (13.6%)
- Flyers Brouwer’s Café 8th Strong Scotch on Laphroaig Oak Harbor (10.9%)
- Fort George Eleventh Sour Astoria, OR (7.7%)
- Fremont Hazelnut Dark Star Nitro Seattle, WA (8%)
- Green Flash 11th Anniversary Double Dry Hopped West Coast IPA San Diego, CA (7.3%)
- Hair of the Dog Doggie Claws ’11 Portland, OR (11.5%)
- Hillard’s Grand Inquisitor Sherry aged Dopplebock Seattle, WA (8%)
- HUB Brouwer’s 6th Imperial Stout ’12 Portland, OR (10.5%)
- Laughing Dog 8th Anniversary De Achtste Hond Ponderay, ID (7.2%)
- New Belgium La Terroir Fort Collins, CO (7.5%)
- Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Whiskey Barrel Longmont, CO (9.4%)
- St. Bernardus Christmas Ale ’11 Watou, Belgium (10%)
- Silver City Imperial Stout Bremerton, WA (9.2%)
- Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Maple Stout w/coffee Chico, CA (12.9%)
- Stone Bottleworks 13th Anniversary American Strong Ale (11%)
- The Bruery Bottleworks 12th Anniversary Imperial Sour Wit Placentia, CA (8%)
See you there!
Northwest Beer Guide