Like previous years, the goal is to visit all
three four locations, enjoy three featured pints (at each location), and get your 12 Beers of Christmas punchcard filled out.
Upon completion of all 12 Beers, participants simply turn the completed punch card in at any of the four locations BEFORE 4:00pm on December 12th. All completed punch cards will be collected at this time, and taken to the Pine Box for the grand finale party and raffle beginning at roughly 7:00pm on December 12th.
Chances are you’ve read the fine print and realized you might not want to get on the road by yourself. Fortunately this writer has taken some of the guess work out of getting to each bar, throughout these 12 days. All you have to do is get to get the suggested Route's starting point (ie, Beer Authority before heading towards Naked City), enough change for the bus fair, and the willingness to be patient - while being secure that a DUI is not waiting for you at the end of the night.
At the end of that evening’s ‘crawl’ we suggest a cab for a quick ride home. Sure it might cost more than you want to spend. But it beats a $1500 DUI ticket, your car in the impound, and a potential night in jail.
Did I mention there's another Grand Prize, if you acquire all 12 beers before the 12th?
The grand prize once again is a two-night stay for four adults in a luxurious two bedroom condo in the Leavenworth village, with lift tickets for nearby Stevens Pass, and some great craft beer to enjoy! Additional brewery-related prizes will be raffled off as well, and winners MUST BE PRESENT to accept their prize!
I won't keep you any longer, since you have already missed out on 2 events. Instead I invite you to read my suggested routes while keeping upright.
- 6pm 12/2 Beer Authority. Already the bottleshop 'up North' has hosted Spokane's No-Li Dry Hopped Winter Warmer. Stop by and get your card punched while enjoying a pint.
- 6pm 12/3 Pine Box. Already Ian, Dean, and Mark have hosted PDX's Laurelwood and their Vinter Varmer Ale, featuring that familiar squirrel.
Wednesday December 4th, 2013
- 6pm 12/4 Beer Authority. Look for Big Sky Powder Hound and Ivan the Terrible Imperial Stout on tap.
- 6pm 12/4 Naked City. Featuring Silver City Winter Bock, Schooner Exact Hoppy Holidays, and Victory Winter.
Route Option #1 Start at Beer Authority before Naked City
1. from the Beer Authority walk to Lake City Way N.E. & N.E. 125th Street.
2. take route 75 (runs till 12am) towards Northgate / Northgate Transit Center
3. get off at the Northgate Transit Center
3. from the Northgate TC take route 66 (runs till 12am) towards Downtown Seattle / Eastlake
4. get off at N.E. 65th and Roosevelt Way N.E.
5. from N.E. 65th and Roosevelt Way N.E. take route 48 (runs till 12am) towards Loyal Heights / University District
6. get off at the corner of North 85th Street and Greenwood Avenue North.
Route Option #2 Start at Naked City before stopping at Beer Authority
1. from Naked City walk towards corner of North 85th Street and Greenwood Avenue North.
2. take route 48 (runs till 12am) towards Mount Baker Transit Center / University District
3. get off at NW 85th Street & 20th Avenue N.W.
4. take route 40 (runs till 12am) towards Northgate / Fremont
5. get off at the Northgate Transit Center
6. take route 41 (runs till 12 am) towards Lake City / Northgate
7. and get off at Lake City Way N.E. & 125th Street
8. walk towards 127th Street towards Beer Authority
Thursday December 5th, 2013
- 6pm 12/5 Beveridge Place Pub. Oakshire Ill Tempered Gnome, Dick's Double Diamond Winter, and Diamond Knot Industrial Ho!-Ho!
Route Option, via Downtown Seattle
1. from the Convention Place stop take route 47 (runs till 10:30pm) towards Summit / Via Pike Street
2. get off at the corner of Pine Street & 4th Avenue
3. walk to the corner of 3rd Avenue & Pike Street
4. take route C (runs till 12am) towards West Seattle, Alaska Junction
5. get off at the corner of Fauntleroy Way S.W. & California Avenue S.W.
Monday December 9th, 2013
- 6pm 12/9 Pine Box. The 12 Beers of Christmas promotion continues with guest brewery 21st Amendment and their Fireside Chat Winter Ale
Route Option, via Downtown Seattle Convention Place Transit Stop
1. walk up the hill (East) towards 1600 Melrose Avenue.
Wednesday December 12th, 2013
- 6pm 12/11 Beer Authority hosts Eel River and four of their unique Organic beers.
- 6pm 12/11 Pine Box. The second to last day of the 12 Beers of Christmas invites Fremont Brewing to remind people about the Abominable Snowman. Look for the familiar Abominable Winter Ale, Abominable Winter Ale 'randalled' with coffee beans , and finally Abominable Winter Ale 'randalled' with vanilla and cinnamon.
Route Option #1 via Beer Authority to Pine Box
1. from Beer Authority walk towards Lake City Way N.E. & N.E. 130th Street
2. take route 41 (runs till 12am) towards Downtown Seattle / Northgate
3. get off at the Convention Place stop
4. walk up the hill (East) towards 1600 Melrose Avenue.
Route Option #2 via Pine Box to Beer Authority
1. walk down the hill (East) towards Convention Place stop
2. take route 41 (runs till 12am) towards Lake City / Northgate
3. get off at Lake City Way & N.E. 125th Street
4. walk towards 130th Street towards Beer Authority
Finally there is a rumor that Beer Authority might be hosting a 'bus' which will stop at all four locations featured during the 12 beers of Christmas. Follow us on Twitter (via http://twitter.com/nwbeerguide) for more information.