In case you haven’t heard of the Brave Horse Tavern or Almanac Beer Co then this writer has an event for you.
On September 19th, Tom Douglas’ the Brave Horse Tavern is hosting Almanac Beer, for 5-course dinner featuring their beers - paired against produce from their Prosser Farm and from their friends at Newaukum Valley Farms. Did I mention there would be Alaskan King Crab, Rabbit, Quail, and Pork Shoulder?
To whet your appetite I’ve included the chef’s menu.
- Spiced Alaskan Red King Crab, Charred Padrons, Crispy Guanciale, End of Season Corn, Prosser Tomato Butter - paired with Almanac Extra Pale Ale
- Abundant Acres of “Chicken Fried” Rabbit, Chehalis Black Kale, Dinah’s Farmstead Cheese Gougère, Pickled Mustard Seed – paired with Honey Saison
- Cocoa Nib Sausage stuffed Oregon Quail, Sprouted Garlic, Brown Butter Spoon Bread, Smoked Chili Cream Cheese – paired with Biere de Chocolat Porter
- Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder Roulade, Garlicky Mustard Greens, Heirloom Pumpkin Pretzel Knoedel, Calabrian Chilis – paired with Heirloom Pumpkin Barley Wine
- Stone Fruit Sorbet, Strawberry Syrup, and Toasted Almond Pound Cake – paired with Farmers Reserve #3 aged in Wine Barrels with Strawberries and Nectarines
Get your tickets online or contact the Brave Horse (206-971-0717) for more information.
About Tom Douglas
Tom Douglas creates deliciousness, served with graciousness at 13 different joints, all in the Belltown and South Lake Union neighborhoods of Seattle. With more than 30 years dedicated to the Seattle restaurant scene, he is credited with putting the city on the culinary map, showing the world what local and seasonal Pacific Northwest cuisine means. Beginning with the Dahlia, in 1989, Tom and his wife Jackie expanded their kitchens with Etta’s, Lola, Palace Kitchen, Serious Pie (now with two locations), Seatown Seabar and Rotisserie, and most recently Serious Biscuit, Brave Horse Tavern, Cuoco, and Ting Momo. source, TomDouglas.com
About Almanac Beer Co.
Farm-to-barrel brewing is about selecting the best in locally sourced fruit and blending it into beers inspired by the great brewing traditions of the world. We aim to create something special and uniquely Northern Californian. Jesse and Damian collaborated to found the Almanac Beer Company—a brewery dedicated to producing seasonal artisan ales, brewed specifically to complement local cuisine sourced and prepared with the same great care and craft.