Starting at 6pm, The Burgundian Tavern (2253 N 56th St Seattle, WA 98103) is hosting food & beverage author Stephen Beaumont. Chances are strong that if you’ve read The Great Canadian Beer Guide, A Taste for Beer, the World Atlas of Beer, The Beer Bistro Cookbook, or Stephen Beaumont's Brewpub Cookbook: 100 Great Recipes from 30 Famous North American Brewpubs; you know who we’re talking about.
During the event, Stephen will be signing copies of his new book, The Pocket Beer Book (2014 edition) - while The Burgundian serves up cocktail & beer food pairings with beer from Big Al Brewing, Quebec’s Dieu du ciel and Italy’s Toccalmatto . For full menu details read below.
Food & Drink Specials featured during the Stephen Beaumont book signing.
- NW by SE Irish Sour - Blackberry juice, passion fruit juice, wheat sour base in a sangiovese wine barrel, aging for a year on premises
- Dieu du ciel Route des épices - Routes des épices (French for "Spice Route") is a rye beer brewed with both black and green peppercorns. Initially, the beer reveals flavours of fresh grain and malt, which give it notes of chocolate, caramel, and fruit. The pepper flavour and aroma is fully revealed in the finish, which leaves a pleasant, spicy, tingling sensation on the tongue.
- Toccalmatto Zona Casarini Italian IPA - Pacific India Pale Ale. Amber beer with an orange hue. Intense and innovative hoppiness characterized by the aromas of tropical, citrus and yellow fruit.
- Spanish Bond - El Tesoro Blanco, Captive Spirits Big Gin, Lillet Blanc, Lemon Twist
- Oyster, Cucumber, Shallot, Pickled Watermelon, NxSE mignonette. Suggested pairing Big Al NW by SE Sour.
- Endive Salad, El Tesoro Avocado Puree, Orange, Pomegranate, Pistachio Condiment, Lillet/Big Gin Vinaigrette. Suggested cocktail pairing Spanish Bond
- Marinated Flank Steak, Corn Velute, beer redux, Alvarez Chilis. Suggested pairing Dieu du ciel Route des épices
- Pineapple Upside down Cake, Lemon grass chili whipped cream, Barley Brittle. Suggested pairing Toccalmatto Zona Casarini Italian IPA
The Burgundian is the latest addition to the Brouwer's and Bottleworks family. Located in the Tangletown area in Seattle's Wallingford neighborhood, the Burgundian offers 22 beers on tap and a large craft can and bottled beer selection. We have a wonderful collection of bourbons, tequilas and rum to choose from as well as unique craft cocktails. We serve a full food menu with seasonal specials and all day breakfast. 21 and over only please.
My name is Stephen Beaumont, and in brief, I’m a very lucky guy. Why? Well, for over two decades now, I’ve made the bulk of my living travelling around the world, tasting and writing about beer. I got started in the very early 1990′s with a column in the largest circulation edition of Canada’s largest circulation newspaper – again, I’m a lucky guy! – and never looked back. In the years since, I’ve written for a ridiculous variety of publications, from Wine Enthusiast Magazine to The Celebrator, Playboy to Ale Street News, The International Herald Tribune to Whisky Advocate and City Bites to Nation’s Restaurant News. I’ve also written, co-written or contributed to eleven books, including The World Atlas of Beer, co-written with Tim Webb and coming to a real or virtual book store near you in the fall of 2012.
About The Pocket Beer Guide
(Beaumont & Webb) have collaborated with top international contributors to create the most extraordinary, comprehensive, and up-to-date guide to a variety of beers worldwide, from traditional favorites to exciting new discoveries. This team of experts provides tasting notes on an amazing selection of suds, organized by country, complete with information on breweries and each beer’s key characteristics. Useful tips such as great places to drink the beers when you are in the relevant country and a run-down of contemporary beer styles are also included in this easy-to-tote essential guide.
Toccalmatto The Brewery in the heart of the Italian Food Valley, seeks to recover the respect for the environment, education to the taste, the culture of food. A path designed to bring the production of niche, high-quality, crafted with a product born from a careful selection of raw materials.
From the time it opened its brewpub on Laurier avenue in Montreal, Dieu du Ciel has been aiming to brew the best beers possible, without compromise, to bring you a unique, intense tasting experience. No matter the production costs, the demanding labor and the many difficulties that came with the production of beer, our first motivation is to always bring you original, satisfying beers. We love beer, and insist on showing it in the ones we brew.
Our mission is to share the passion for brewing and the love of beer that we celebrated as home brewers.