If you were looking to treat you your spouse this Friday, and live in the Portland area, we have an event for you. This Friday, despite being advertised in their restaurant, Wildwood is hosting Sierra Nevada. Unfortunately this won’t be an event dedicated to the brewery’s flagship Pale Ale.
Instead it will be featuring four of 30th Anniversary releases, from 2010!
Starting at 6:30pm, this Friday June 14th, you are encouraged to enjoy a six-course beer dinner, paired with four of the 30th Anniversary collaboration beers, brewed with some of American craft brewing’s celebrities. In truth one of the beers, Imperial Helles Bock, was brewed with Fred Eckhardt.
Starting with an aperitif of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Summerfest, and Ovila Saison (with Mandarin Orange and Black Pepper), the event begins as a sort of mixer, before the food arrives.
But we are only telling you half the story, the other half will come Wildwood’s Sous Chef / Beer Director Paul Kasten. In fact it’s Paul’s donation of these 30th Anniversary beers that make this event possible. Be sure to thank him when you meet him.
Like so many beer fans, Sierra Nevada’s offerings had a huge impact on me as I developed my taste for finer craft and import beers,” says Kasten. “It is a testament to the hard work of the Sierra Nevada team and the quality of their products that such a large brewery remains innovative and relevant to the current happenings in the industry even as it approaches its thirty-third birthday.
Seats are $75, with gratuity included, so please don’t delay calling Shelly Jones (503) 225-0130 or emailing here via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Menu -
- Snacks. Featuring Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Summerfest, Ovila Saison (with mandarin orange and black pepper)
- Charlie, Fred, and Ken’s Imperial Helles Bock paired with Grilled Oregon Albacore served with fried snap peas, and green garlic aïoli
- Sierra Nevada Fungoo paired with Steak Tartare with crispy shallot, morels, parsley, pickled calabrian peppers, green garlic, & pimentón,
- Our Brewers Reserve: Grand Cru and paired with Crispy Chicken Confit with mixed greens, and crispy potatoes.
- Jack and Ken’s Ale paired with Cocoa-chile braised pork with shell beans, and jus.
- Fritz and Ken’s Ale paired with Stout braised oxtail and porcini mushroom ravioli with grilled romaine purée, and brown butter.
- Chocolate mousse cake with walnut brittle ice cream, bourbon-cayenne caramel sauce paired with Barrel-aged Maple Stout
Friday June 14th, 2013 6:30pm
Wildwood hosts the rare Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary beer dinner
1221 NW 21st Ave Portland, OR 97210