With it will come regret over not having won, regret over drinking so many beers, and regret that you need to a break from ‘celebrating’. On the other hand if you took it easy then we are happy to reward you.
On Wednesday December 12th the Pine Box is celebrating the end of the 12 Beers of Christmas by enhancing (or destroying if that’s your opinion) some of the areas favorite ciders and beers.
Imagine Rodenbach Grand Cru paired with rum-soaked currants or Lagunitas Brown Shugga w/vanilla beans and this is the making of a one-of-a-kind event.
- Big Time Breakfast Cereal Killer w/Candy Canes. Is a Chocolate Coffee Oatmeal Stout. The brewers used every cereal grain in the brewery plus while mashing in added Corn Flakes, Rice Crispies, Coco Puffs and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. “Dry Hopped” with Stumptown Coffee and Cocoa Nibs from Theo’s Chocolate. OG 21 Plato (1.084), 8% alcohol by volume
- Elysian Bi-frost W/ Nutmeg & Coriander. Pours golden with orange highlights. Smells alluringly sweet like caramel apples with a little spice and orange zest. Taste is bold and balanced with a good amount of citrus and earthy hop bitters to offset the malt character. Finishes dry with a bit of fruit.
- Fremont Abominable w/Ginger, Cinnamon, & Cloves. Dark, roasty, chocolatey malt flavors balanced by Noble hop aroma and subtle hoppy spice. Warm up to it. Don't be scared to be Abominable.
- Lagunitas Brown Shugga w/Vanilla Beans. How Come you Taste So Good?? Boatloads of Pure Brown Sugar in Each Batch, That’s How! The Rich, Roasty and Mysteriously Drinkable Ale might best be described as... Irresponsible. It Leaves a Lot of Stories in it’s Wake.
- Maritime Jolly Roger w/Rum Raisin Coconut
- Ninkasi Sleigher w/Bourbon Cherries & Chocolate. A delicious northwest seasonal brewed with winter in mind. A dark double alt, malty, nourishing and delicious, it's sure to keep the winter at bay, and yes, Sleigh'r does rock!
- Schooner Hoppy Holidays w/Fruit Cake Goodies. A big brother to Hoppy Holidays, this winter ale has gained a level of complexity and intrigue during those months luxurating in its bourbon barrel haven. Chocolate malt and healthy dose of hops help maintain balance
- Sierra Celebration w/Becherovka Soaked Apples. The long, cold nights of winter are a little brighter with Celebration® Ale. Wonderfully robust and rich, Celebration® Ale is dry-hopped for a lively, intense aroma. Brewed especially for the holidays, it is perfect for a festive gathering or for a quiet evening at home.
- Sound Brewing Tripel w/Gran Marnier Soaked Cranberries
- St. Bernardus Christmas, W/Anise. This speciality beer of 10% alc. vol. is characterized by its deep dark colour, with a creamy, thick head and a full, almost velvety taste with a fruity nose. It's a seasonal ale, brewed annualy for the holiday season. The long winter nights are perfect moments to savour this ale with or without friends and to enjoy its unique, complex taste and after-taste.
- Rodenbach Grand Cru w/Rums Soaked Currants. Award Winning* Rodenbach Grand Cru (Alc. 6% Vol.) is a blend of “young” beer (33%) and an older beer (67%) that has matured in oak vats. It is the high percentage of the older ripened-in-oak beer that gives it the complex and intense bouquet with a very long aftertaste like a Grand Cru wine. This is a complex beer with lots of wood and fruity esters, wine-like and with a balsamic vinegar aroma. A sharp taste, fruity, refreshing and with a balanced Madeira-like sweetness.
- Tieton Wild Washington Apple Served Hot w/Mulling Spices. With pineapple aroma and a pronounced mineral quality that gives the cider a lively mouth feel. Notes of green apple & preserved lemon.
If this list doesn’t have you salivating then we question whether you have a creative palate. As for this writer, I will be at the event, enjoying a glass of Hoppy the Woodsman with my bbq pizza.
Wednesday December 12th, 2012
12 Randalls of XMas at The Pine Box
1600 Melrose Avenue Seattle, WA