Truth is, there isn't anything significant about this week, other than the 12 Beer of Christmas celebration. If you are a slow starter, we can only tell you that there are 7 days left until the drawing and the end of your chances.
Which brings us to the meat of this post. Beveridge Place Pub is hosting the third and final event and we couldn't be more thankful for it. Look for beers from Laurelwood, 21st Amendment, Fremont, and Schlossbrauerei Au-Halltertau, with Laurelwood guest hosting.
"So what the heck is 12 Beer of Christmas?"
Obviously you found this story while doing a search for a brewery, holiday, or pub. So here are the details featured in our anchor story.
1. Visit Beveridge Place Pub (West Seattle), Naked City Brewery (Greenwood) or The Pine Box (Capitol Hill) anytime from December 1st through 12th to get your punch card and start the tour. While at each location, drink their four featured brews and get your card punched.
2. When all 12 beers are checked off, write your contact info on the back and turn it in to any one of the bars no later than 8pm on December 12th.
3. Completed cards will be collected at Pine Box and Beveridge Place Pub, and taken to the final drawing at Naked City on December 12th around 9pm.
Winners need not be present to win, but it IS highly recommended that they are!
More on this as well as some safety tips can be found here.
"Ok, so you're giving stuff away in exchange for me buying beers. This better be worth it."
Actually Tuesday December 11th, Beveridge Place Pub is featuring three (3) beers from Laurelwood.
- Laurelwood Vinter Varmer. This strong ale is as rich and complex as it is drinkable. A blend of six malts and four hops creates an ale with deep caramel character, spicy hop flavor and a dry roasty finish. It's spelled differently because it's Vonderful.
- Laurelwood Workhorse India Pale Ale. Workhorse-Our biggest seller in the pubs, this is an extremely well balanced yet super flavorful IPA brewed in the West Coast style. The over-the-top aroma comes from a heavy handed dose of hops in the kettle, hop back and 2 separate dry-hop additions. A slightly sweet finish helps balance the hop bitterness and creates an ale that is both big on flavor yet remains quite drinkable.
- Laurelwood Moose & Squirrel Imperial Russian Stout *Bourbon Barrel-aged. A strong and chewy stout created by blending several dark and rich malts. This approach creates the impression of layers of fruitiness, chocolate and coffee. This type of beer was originally made for the Czars of Russia by British brewers.
In addition to Vinter Varmer, Workhorse India Pale Ale, or Moose & Squirrel, the pub will be directing punch-card fanatics to enjoy beers from 21st Amendment, Fremont, and Schlossbrauerei Au-Halltertau.
Tuesday December 11th, 2012 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Beveridge Place Pub hosts 12 Beers of Christmas with Laurelwood
6413 California Ave SW Seattle, WA 98136