How many of you have a bar or pub that you visit on a regular basis? You know what we mean. The kind of place that always has your favorite beer or beers on draught. The place that reminds you most of the iconic 80's sitcom Cheers. If you don't then you are a rare breed indeed.
But for those of you who can say that you are a card carrying, mug holding, member of a brewpub or brewery membership; we salute you. Which is why we are kinda stoked about the prospect of what Airways Brewing is proposing.
Introducing the Mile High Mug Club™. Trademark not withstanding, this isn't the first time someone has slapped the words Mile High to create excitement. This is on the other hand is a first for the brewery & bistro.
“Since launching in 2010, we’ve been overwhelmed by the support we’ve received from the craft beer community and our loyal fans,” said Alex Dittmar, owner and head brewer at Airways Brewing Company. “The Mile High Mug Club is our chance to say ‘thanks’ and we’re excited to offer two great places for members to enjoy the club.“
Launching Saturday, September 8 at Airways Brewing Tap Room, the Mile High Mug Club will be available to the first 50 people who sign up in person. New members will receive a custom mug and t-shirt featuring 2012 Mile High artwork – designed by local artist Caylee Betts – as well as a host of benefits to enjoy throughout the year. As a bonus, a special version of the brewery’s popular Sky Hag IPA® featuring an infusion of bourbon-soaked oak chips will be available for one day only to mark the occasion.
Mile High Mug Club™ Rules & Conditions
- Personalized Airways Brewing 19-ounce mug, featuring member number and 2012 Mile High artwork, filled for the same price as a standard 16-ounce pint (Airways Brewing offerings only)
- $1 first pour upon signup of Mile High Mug Club membership
- Mile High membership card with name and mug number, to be used at either location to access mug club benefits, as well as a 10 percent discount on merchandise and growler fills of Airways Brewing beer
- Limited edition t-shirt featuring 2012 Mile High artwork and founding member status
- Exclusive Mile High Mug Club emails, offering the inside scoop on new beers, events and more
- Invitation to exclusive mug club events throughout the year
- One time coupon for 20 percent off merchandise
- A new mug and t-shirt each year of membership, featuring new Mile High artwork from a local Northwest artist; mugs from the previous year are given to members as collectors items to enjoy at home
Mile High Mug Club memberships last one year and are available for just $80 per person. Member’s numbered mugs will be housed at the Airways Brewing Tap Room. Additional mugs will also be available for member use at the Airways Beer & Bistro in downtown Kent. First rights of renewal will be given to current mug club members each year. Memberships cannot be shared. For additional details about Airways Brewing’s Mile High Mug Club, including benefits, rules and restrictions, visit www.airwaysbrewing.com.
On top of the details listed above the member also receives a Frequent Flyer Miles Card for tracking miles in the form or pints. For every pint you consume you are awarded 10 'miles' towards some interesting gifts.
- 1,000 miles: Airways pint glass
- 3,000 miles: Airways growler
- 5,000 miles: Airways baseball hat
- 10,000 miles: Airways hoodie
- 20,000 miles: Name on wall in tap room
- 30,000 miles: Custom Airways jacket
- 50,000 miles: Design and name your own beer
One gotcha comes applies to those not willing to renew their membership, since the mileage isn't accrued year after year.
As for this writer, I am looking forward to being one of the elite 50 with a membership.
About Airways Brewing Company
Founded in Spring 2010, Airways Brewing Company is a growing microbrewery located in Kent, Washington. Currently producing several year-round offerings – including Sky Hag IPA®, Pre-Flight Pils™, Jet City ESB™, Starliner Stout™ and Midnight Departure CDA™ – Airways Brewing also features limited edition and cask beers throughout the year. Pints, tasters and growler fills are available at the brewery’s Kent taproom, open Wednesday-Friday from 3-8 pm and Saturdays from 3-7 pm (6644 S 196th Street, #T100). Pints and delicious Northwest-style food can be found at the Airways Beer & Bistro in downtown Kent Monday-Thursday from noon-9 pm and Friday-Saturday from noon-10 pm (320 W Harrison). Delicious offerings from Airways Brewing can also be found in specialty bars, bottle shops and restaurants throughout the greater Seattle/Tacoma area. For more information about the brewery and Bistro, visitwww.airwaysbrewing.com.