Did you enjoy the Cider Fest last Saturday (9/10)? Whether you were the seasoned enthusiast of that fermented fruit or a new acolyte, it’s pretty much guaranteed you enjoyed your experience. And if you haven’t yet experienced the marriage between cider and food we have two upcoming events that might suit you.
- Whole Foods “Westlake” hosts Finn River 9/13 -
The first event held Tuesday is located in the South Lake Union neighborhood. Uniquely situated just down the street from Northwest Cider Summit, Whole Foods will be hosting a Cider paired dinner with special guest Finn River.
Join us for this incredible chance to meet with our local cider producers from Finn River! They will be here to talk about the four different ciders we will be pairing with a four course meal prepared by our lovely Chef Hayden. They will be able to answer any questions you have about cider and how it is produced.
- Spirited Apple Wine Consommé with Carrots and Thyme
- Country Pate of Chicken and Pork with Brioche, a Blueberry Liqueur Reduction, Apricot Mustard, and Cider Pickled Vegetables
- Mussels and White Fish steamed in Dry Hopped Apple Cider over a Celeriac and Golden Potato Puree
- Snoqualmie Danish Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with a Cured Walnut Compote and Pear Brandy
In case you are pondering waiting till the last minute we would advise calling them right now to ensure they still have space. Or RSVP with Megan (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Marketing department. Be sure to put Cider Dinner in the subject line.
Tuesday September 13th, 2011 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM $25
2210 Westlake Avenue Seattle, Washington 98121
- Art of the Table hosts Finn River 9/14 -
If you haven’t been to an Art of the Table dinner then you haven’t experienced a taste of home. Located just shy of what people call Fremont, the Art of the Table has been hosting weekly dinners since as far as we can recall. For us though the soft spot will always be the Brewers Dinners. Memories of Lost Abbey / Port, Russian River, and many others pass through our brain. However this is not about breweries this is about cider.
So contact the Art of the table about their September 14th, dinner. Cost is $75 but you get so much more than what the dollar figure says.
Join us September 24th as we team up with Finnriver Cidery www.finnriver.com during Washington Cider Week to host a cider paired dinner. These ciders are super delicious and artisinally produced.
- Herb Gougeres with Chicken Liver Mousse
- Chilled Blueberry Soup Shooter with Lemon Basil Creme paired with Pear Brandywine Kir Royale
- Smoked Tomato, Grilled Eggplant, Curried Zucchini & Onion Tart, Fromage Blanc, Basil Pistou, Pea Vines paired with Sparkling Dry Hopped Cider
- Wild Bristol Bay Sockeye Salmon, Chantrelle, Corn and Fava Bean Fricassee, Huckleberry Brandywine Vinaigrette paired with Appleblueberry Sparkling Apple Wine
- Duck 3 way: Braised Legs, Sliced Breast, Duck Cracklins, Treviso, Spigarello, Fennel, Housemade Cider Mustard paired with Champagne Hard Cider
- Shortbread Biscuit with Raspberrry Jam, Poached Peach, Blackberry, Sour Cream Ice Cream
- Black Currant Apple Brandywine
Wednesday September 14th, 2011 6:00 PM *start time $75 (206) 282-0942
1054 N. 39th Street, Seattle, WA
There you have it folks, two last minute cider dinner ideas. Get out there and discover the possiblities of food and cider.