Today I am happy to announce further updates to the upcoming Session Festival, starting on July 14th @ 6PM. As of today Naked City is happy to announce that by the Sunday July 24th over 40 different beers will have been provided to thirsty enthusiasts. With WA leading the pack with 26 breweries participating, this year's festival is shaping up nicely.
Starting on July 14th at 6:00 PM, look for breweries Big Time, Elysian, Epic Ales, Foggy Noggin, Maritime Pacific, Odin, Silver City Sound, Two Beers, and Wingman; to be in attendance to answer questions about their beers featured the first night.
As with any festival, this is not a static list and is subject to change and availability.
Session Beers at 5.00% Alcohol by Volume
- Cascade Summer Gose German-style Gose
- Chuckanut German-style Alt Bier
- Roslyn Brookside German-style Lager
- Big Al Summer Lager German-style Helles
- Hale's German-style Kolsch
- Dogfish Head Namaste Belgian-style Wit
- Anacortes American-style Pale Ale
- Sound Dunkelweizen
Session Beers between 4.50% and 4.99% Alcohol by Volume
- 4.80% Wingman American-style Pale Ale
- 4.80% Anacortes Helles Festival-style Lager
- 4.80% Firestone Walker Pale 31 American-style Pale Ale
- 4.80% Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Bavarian-style Hefeweizen
- 4.70% Silver City Gee Whiz Black Koslch-style Ale
- 4.50% Slip Point Chito American-style Cream Ale
- 4.50% Fremont Wandering Wheat American-style Wheat Ale
Session Beers between 4.00% and 4.49% Alcohol by Volume
- 4.40% Stone Levitation Ale
- 4.40% Boulevard ZON Belgian-style Wit
- 4.30% Widmer Brothers Citra Blonde American-style Blonde Ale
- 4.20% Fremont Universale American-style Pale Ale
Session Beers between 2.00% and 3.99% Alcohol by Volume
- 3.40% Foggy Noggin Bit O Beaver English-style Bitter Ale
- 3.00% Elysian Slight Return
- 2.99% Silver City Baby Fat 60 Schilling Scottish-style Ale
Festival Hours (Daily)
Open Monday thru Thursday 4:00 PM to 11 PM, Open Friday 4:00 PM thru 1 AM, Open Saturday Noon to 1 AM and Sunday Noon to 11 PM
Calendar of Events
Session Fest Thursday July 14th, 2011 thru Sunday July 24th, 2011
There is no admission cost and beer pricing will be based on whether a schooner or pint is consumed. 40+ beers featured through the week with only 12 made available any given time. Look for this year to feature ciders as well.
Session Fest Brewers Night July 14th, 2011 Approx. 6 PM
Look for featured the following breweries & brewery rep. to be on hand to discuss their beer featured the first night of the event.
- Zac Halls from Sound Brewing and featuring their Kristallweizen
- Drew Cluley from Big Time Brewing and featuring his Dry-hopped Pale Ale
- Dick Cantwell from Elysian Brewing and featuring his Slight Return 3%'er
- Geoff Sampson & Corey Blodgett from Maritime Pacific Brewing and featuring his Oatmeal Pale Ale
- Cody Morris from Epic Ales and featuring his Partly Cloudy "Seattle Summer Beer"
- Ken Thoburn from Wingman Brewing and featuring their Session Pale Ale
- Dan Lee from Odin Brewing and featuring their Odin Pearl Belgian-style Wit
- Kurt Larson from Silver City Brewing and featuring their Baby Fat 60 Schilling Scotch-ale
- Mark from Two Beers and featuring their Trailhead India Sessional Ale
- Jim Jamieson from Foggy Noggin and featuring his Bit O’ Beaver English-style Bitter Ale
With a huge send off (Thursday July 14th) we invite you to choose from 12 different beers all 5.00% Alcohol by Volume or below. Plus as each brewery contributed beer is depleted another local, Washington beer takes its place. In all this week long event will feature over 26 different Washington breweries. And who knows we might even sneak in a few kegs from Oregon, California, or from across the country.
About Naked City Brewery & Taproom
Once upon a time, there were two dudes named Donald and Don.
One as an engineer toiling away on the super computers of a local university, and the other was a supervisor managing the complex operations of a billionaire.
Both of them love their jobs, but more than their jobs they loved beer.
Each Don had a recurring dream of a magical place without a name, a place where great beers in the world flowed like Salmon le Sac at flood stage, and the fine brewing tradition of the Pacific Northwest stood proudly beside the best concoctions from far-flung breweries across Asia and Across Europe. .... [more] -source, Naked City Brewery & Taphouse
About the Northwest Beer Guide
What started out as an online journal back in 2006 has evolved into an underground source of craft beer reviews, news, and events. Located in Seattle but with a focus on the beer culture of the Northwest, the Northwest Beer Guide seeks to remind people that should always be loyal to a well produced drink.
One only needs to read our tagline to understand our commitment to helping both acolytes and entrants alike appreciate a good beer.
“Educating the Northwest about craft beer one pint at a time.”