Washington State – Picture this. You walk into a bar, approach the bartender, and speak your request before sitting down. So far nothing out of the ordinary. Your beer arrives, and taking your first sip of that prized amber, pale or ipa a thought enters, “I wonder how they make this?”. You have just asked the question many people who enjoy a good brew ask the imaginary brewer in their head. If this manufactured scenario, real or not, sounds familiar, than we invite you to entertain your brain for at least a Saturday.
Starting from Noon to 4 PM and across the state, the Washington Beer Open House will be an opportunity for you to ask that brewer those questions that have been on your mind.
With some 30 plus breweries participating this might be the one chance you have to walk into a brewery when normally it would be closed to the public. Here is what the Washington Beer Commission had to say about this inaugural event.
This is an opportunity to take a look behind the scenes of some fascinating breweries, talk to the brewers themselves, and perhaps even try a taste of some of the finest beers in the state (or anywhere!). One of the highlights is the Grand Opening of American Brewing Company in Edmonds, WA., featuring renowned brewer Skip Madsen.
Participating breweries (listed below) will have a wide variety of fun things happening during the four hour open house session including music, food, full tours, brewer discussion, unique beer samples, growler sales and other surprises. Activities will vary at each brewery.
With an overall intent on promoting the Open House as an annual event, it's safe to say that Oregon won’t be the only one with a brewery open house. Whether its one brewery or several we invite you to stop into the location nearest to you and grab a taste of something, while learning what makes the brewer ‘tick’.
For your benefit attached the complete list of participating breweries along with their address and website information. As always it is strongly advise that if you intend on visiting multiple locations (and drinking at each), that you bring a friend along or find an alternate form of transportation.
Central & Eastern Washington
- Iron Horse Brewery 1000 Prospect Street Ellensburg, WA 98926 (509) 933-3134
- Yakima Craft Brewing 2920 River Road # 6 Yakima, WA 98902 (509) 654-7357
- C.I. Shenanigans Brewery 332 North Spokane Falls Court Spokane, WA 99201-0238 (509) 455-6690
- Palouse Falls Brewing 1335 Southeast Bishop Boulevard Pullman, WA 99163 (509) 334-6427
‘Eastside’ & ‘North Sound’
- Black Raven Brewing 14679 NE 95th Street Redmond, WA 98052 (425) 881-3020
Our Brewery will be opened up for viewing and touring with brewery staff on site to answer questions and discuss our beers.
Featuring a rare offering …
2009 Old Birdbrain Barleywine. $6.00 - 2009 Old Birdbrain or $10.00 - 2009 Old Birdbrain paired with an artisan cheese plate
This is an extremely rare bird and we will only be pouring one keg or until 4PM, whichever comes first. Growler fills will not be available.
We also will be pouring the following beers
- Sunthief Kristallweizen
- Totem Pale Ale
- Trickster IPA
- Tamerlane Brown Porter
- Second Sight Scotch
- Morrighan Nitro Stout
- Farmhouse IPA (limited release)
- Wisdom Seeker (1 keg only)
- Malt & Vine III (1 keg only)
- Black Raven Hefeweizen (1 keg only)
- Redhook Brewery 14300 Northeast 145th Street Woodinville, WA 98072 (425) 483-3232
- Foggy Noggin Brewing 22329 53rd Avenue Southeast Bothell, WA 98021-8017 (425) 486-1070
Foggy Noggin will introduce Diablo del Sol English Pale Ale & will be serving $3 pints.
- Snoqualmie Falls Brewing 8032 Falls Avenue Snoqualmie, WA 98065 (425) 831-2337
- American Brewing 180 West Dayton Street Warehouse 102 Edmonds, WA 98020
American Brewing’s grand opening is part of the WA Beer Open House activities. Live music, food, wine and of course beer.
- Gallagher's Where U Brew 180 West Dayton St. Suite #105 (425) 776-4209
”Brewmaster Pat Ringe and Founder/President Bob Maphet will be on hand to share some of Diamond Knot's history and production processes. Along with our year around beers that you've all come to love, we will be pouring a few special vintage beers that are exclusive to the Taproom, including the 2010 Vienna Ale & 2009 Pumpkin Ale. The fun does not end there, we have also tapped a special release of the Dirty Bourbon Belgian Blonde Ho!Ho!. This is a beer that must be experienced and has been described as heaven on the tongue.”
Anacrotes Brewery will offer tours + happy hour prices on beer. A special cask beer also available.
Seattle - North
- Big Time Brewery 4133 University Way NE Seattle, WA 98105-6213 (206) 545-4509
- Fremont Brewing 3409 Woodland Park Avenue North Seattle, WA 98103-8925 (206) 420-2407
- Maritime Pacific Brewing 1111 NW Ballard Way, Seattle - (206) 782-6181
- Naked City Brewing 8564 Greenwood Avenue North Seattle, WA 98103 (206) 838-6299
Seattle - Downtown
- Pike Brewing 1501 Pike Place Seattle, WA 98101 (206) 682-7453
- Epic Ales 3201 1st Avenue South Seattle, WA 98134 (206) 351-3637
- Schooner Exact Brewing 3901 1st Avenue South Seattle, WA 98134 (206) 432-9734
- Two Beers Brewing 4700 Ohio Ave South Seattle, Washington 98134 (206) 762-0490
- Georgetown Brewing 5200 Denver Avenue South Seattle, WA 98108 (206) 766-8055
- Elliott Bay Brewing 4720 California Avenue Southwest Seattle, WA 98116 (206) 932-8695
- Three Skulls Brewing 1605 S 93rd St, Bldg E Unit L Seattle, WA 98108 (206) 764-1213
- Big Al Brewing 9832 14th Avenue Southwest Seattle, WA 98106 (206) 453-4487
- M.T. Head Brewing 159th Avenue E. Graham, WA 98338 (253) 208-8999
- Trade Route Brewing 1091 Valentine Avenue Southeast Pacific, WA 98047 (253) 987-5680
- The Ram Brewery 103 35th Avenue SE Puyallup, WA 98374 (253) 841-3317
- The Ram Brewery 10403 156th Street E #101 Puyallup, WA 98374 (253) 445-1005
- The Ram Brewery 3001 Ruston Way Tacoma, WA 98402 (253) 756-7886
- 7 Seas Brewing 3207 57th Street Ct NW, Gig Harbor, WA 98335 (253) 686-3703
- Der Blokken Brewing 1100 Perry Avenue Bremerton, WA 98310-4945 (360) 377-2267