Featuring two breweries from Washington (Stevenson’s Walking Man & White Salmon’s Everybody’s Brewing) and two from Portland (Upright and Laurelwood) this $55, eight course dinner is one not to be missed. For those who need additional inspiration we have attached the poster for the event. For reservations or additional questions feel free to contact Avery at Laurelwood.
- Melon Gazpacho with Blackened Shrimp and pared with Walking Man's Flip Flop Pilsner
- Truffle Tremor with Arugula & Prosciutto Wrapped Peach, Chestnut Honey and paired with Everybody's Brewing Summer Lovin Ale
- Seared Halibut Cheek with Summer Succotash paired with Everybody's Brewing Law of Nature Pale Ale
- Bruised Pork Ribs with Zucchini Pickles & Apricot Mustard BBQ Sauce with Upright's Seven
- Teriyaki Glazed Smoked Sturgeon on a Crispy Wonton with Citrus Radish Slaw paired with Laurelwood Workhorse IPA
- Smoked Duck Sausage with Lentils, Cherry, & Walla Walla Onion Chutney paired with Upright Barrel Aged Six
- Chili-Coffee Rubbed Beef Ribeye, Potato Gnocchi, Rogue Blue Cheese Sauce and paired with Laurelwood Deranger Organic Imperial Red
- Flourless Chocolate Stout Cake with Chili Spiced Whipped Cream & Cherries paired with Walking Man Black Cherry Stout
Laurelwood Brewing Co. is a family owned business that was founded in 2001 by the husband and wife team of Mike De Kalb and Cathy Woo-De Kalb. After years of working in the hospitality industry and raising a young family, Mike & Cathy made the leap to ownership. The original Laurelwood Public House & Brewery was opened in the Hollywood district of Portland, Oregon in March 2001 in a defunct pub location with a 7 barrel brewery. They opened Laurelwood Public House & Brewery with a goal to create an eating and drinking establishment (a place) where all could feel welcome. They wanted it to feel like you were at a party at their house. Moms, dads, kids, single friends and neighbors all mingling together to create a positive energy. “A Place Where Friends and Families Meet.”
Mike and Laurelwood’s original head brewer, Christian Ettinger designed a list of craft beers meant to please every palate. Soon Laurelwood was winning local and national awards for our beers and had become a bustling center for the neighborhood [more]
A small to medium sized brewpub, located in White Salmon, Washington. Our pub has a warm, cozy inviting feel to it. We are a family friendly environment. Our food is affordable large portions, made with the highest quality local ingredients.
We focus on session beers with all the flavor. Our location is right in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge. We feel that this is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Our outside deck seats 50 people and has a stunning view of Mt. Hood. You gotta check it out for your self!
Upright Brewing specializes in farmhouse inspired beers rooted in France and Belgium but made with local ingredients and a Pacific Northwest twist. The name is a reference to Charles Mingus and his primary instrument. Mingus was a musician whose compositions defy categorization. At Upright we use a special saison yeast and open fermenters to produce beers that are a true hybrid style, sharing Mingus’ spirit of exercising creativity and craft.
September 9th, 2010 6PM to 10 PM
Laurelwood NW Public House
2327 NW Kearney Street Portland, OR 97210