Bellevue, WA – With less than a week to go before Seattle Beer Week is upon us, we thought we would suggest a food pairing warm up before Thursday. Starting on at 6:00 PM in downtown Bellevue, you are invited to hang out with others as you learn what a food pairing means to Elysian Brewing.
Based out of Seattle, and with three locations throughout the city, Elysian Brewing has been around almost two decades. If you haven’t heard of Elysian then you more than likely have not seeing their Greek Mythological themed tap handles, or consumed a local Washington favorite, in their Wise ESB.
For McCormick & Schmick’s this will be yet another local owned craft brewery featured with their well thought out menu. Space is limited at this $45 per person dinner, so review the menu and make a reservation for Wednesday the 12th (of May).
- Smoked Salmon on Black Pepper Fried Potato with Lemon Crème Fraiche paired with Avatar Jasmine IPA
- Rosemary and Mustard Rubbed Pork Loin and Baby Artichokes with Shallot Jus paired with The Wise ESB
- Bibb Lettuce with Pan Seared Shrimp and Grilled Asparagus paired with The Immortal IPA
- Pappardelle with Roasted Lamb Ragout paired with Perseus Porter
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble with Olympic Mountain Vanilla Ice Cream paired with Ambrosia Maibock
May 12th, 2010 6:00 PM PST to 8:30 PM PST *end time an approximation
Elysian Brewers Dinner at McCormick & Schmick’s
700 Bellevue Way Suite 115 Bellevue, WA 98004 (425) 454-2606
- Elysian Brewing Company was founded in 1996 by Joe Bisacca, Dick Cantwell, and Dave Buhler. It began as a concept to establish a large brewpub in the Seattle market, but with a grander scale of wholesale distribution than your average brewpub.
- The original location, in Seattle’s Capitol Hill, houses a 20-barrel brewing system and a full service restaurant and bar. In the past, the site has hosted live music, large parties, benefits, and beer festivals.
- From, 1997 to 2000 Elysian operated a small, 4-barrel brewery and tavern at Sega Gameworks in downtown Seattle. The smaller location allowed the brewers to experiment and craft unique specialty beers in smaller batches.
- A year after pulling out of Gameworks, in March 2001, a new location was opened in the Greenlake neighborhood. Dubbed Elysian-Tangletown, it is sited at the old home of the Honey Bear Bakery, a Seattle institution that closed its doors in 1999. The Greenlake site houses a 3-barrel brewing system, as well as a full service restaurant and bar, allowing the brewers to once again craft those special brews.
- Since inception, Elysian has brewed over 60 different beers, in large batches and small, including 6 always-flowing standards, and 8 seasonal brews.
Since teaming up in the early 1970s, Bill McCormick and Doug Schmick have established more than 80 restaurants throughout the country. The two men, very different yet surprisingly compatible, have established themselves as passionate entrepreneurs with one collective vision, to run the nation's premier family of seafood restaurants. The combination of an open imagination and a respect for tradition are what makes McCormick & Schmick's the classic and successful business that it is today. For more information about our history, click here. –source, McCormick & Schmick’s website