Astoria, OR - If you read the first two words of this paragraph you can stop thinking about Goonies (or possibly Kindergarten Cop) and start thinking of another landmark. Fort George Brewery. It's April and that means the annual Home Brewers Dinner will soon be here. What is the Home Brewers Dinner, well it's a dinner featuring home brewed beers paired by the kitchen of Fort George, of course.
Starting at around 6:00 PM (or there-about) you are invited to enjoy Joel Lick Spigot's Oyster Stout, Bett Estes' IPA, Dan Sutheralnds' Brownsmead Brown, Bob Farbers' #22, or Anthony De Luz's Coco Nib Brown; all paired with a dish from the kitchen. The total cost for this dinner is $55 with an optional $5 off per person when you purchase 2 or more reservations.
Below we posted the menu as well as the details regarding the event. As always, dinners such as these sell out pretty quickly so we wouldn't suggest waiting too long.
- Buffalo sliders: with mushrooms, Brie, and served on a Blue Scorcher bun paired with Joel Lick Spigots’ Harry Oyster Stout
- Sautéed Spicy Tiger Pawns on a bed of wilted spinach with a red wine vinegar paired with Bett Estes’ India Pale Ale
- Smoked Tillamook Cheddar Bisque with popcorn paired with Dan Sutherlands’ Brownsmead Brown
- Pork Vindaloo, An Indian Style sweet and spicy slow roasted Pork Shoulder with Stewed tomatoes and Orange bosom Basmati paired with Bob Farbers: # 22
- Debbie’s Chocolate Cream Pie paired with Anthony De Luz: Coco Nib Brown
April 14th, 2010 6:00 PM PST (start time an estimate)
Home Brewers Dinner, Fort George Brewery & Public House
1483 Duane Street, Astoria, OR 97103-3819 (503) 325-7468