Seattle, WA – Generally whenever I am querying various websites or checking my email I avoid the slightest deviation from discussing anything other than craft beer. Today I am making a small exception since this revolves the often overlooked kitchen staff and head chef of Brouwer’s Cafe.
“Wednesday November 11th, Brouwer's Cafe will be hosting it's first ever Cider Dinner. The evening will be a 6 course meal paired with the Ciders of Crispin. To MC the event will be Crispin's President and CEO Joe Heron.
Our Chef, Eric Draper, has prepared a special menu for the evening:
- Crispin cider menu
- Organic heirloom baby lettuce cup Shaved fennel, holy basil, sprouts Ginger-chili-soy Jidori chicken confit Cider poached apple-lime coulis Pairing: Crispin Cocktail
- Apple smoked duck breast & belgian endive “bruchetta” Crispin honey crisp & pomme lambic reduction Huckleberrys, toasted hazelnuts, cilantro oil Pairing: Crispin Brut
- Seared & chilled coriander & Szechwan pepper dusted, yellowtail jack fish Citrus zest & apple butter Maine lobster & langoustino topping Celery root puree, bacon fat fried turnip, toasted pecan Pairing: Crispin Brut
- Pheasant apple mushroom leek sausage Wild mushroom-fingerling potato-kombocha squash hash
Balsamic & Crispin cider poached Walla walla onions Pairing: Crispin Original
- Prosciutto wrapped, Crispin cider brined wild boar tenderloin Duck fat fried purple potatoes & plantains, rosemary aioli, Dikon radish, citrus, bleu de vern cheese & root vegetable crudité Pairing: Crispin Honey Crisp
- Dessert Apple manchego en croute, Toasted pine nut brittle Lemongrass ginger ice cream Pairing: Warm Crispin Honey Crisp & organic blue agave nectar
The cost of the event is $50 with a portion going to support Northwest Harvest Hunger Relief Agency.
Please RSVP to IanR@BrouwersCafe.com
Begins at 7pm” –source, Brouwer’s Cafe ‘blog’