The weather in Seattle is overcast, but soon will turn back to humid and in the 80’s. Hot weather is a great inspiration for the occasional thought of venturing out into the city or taking a long drive along the highway. So if you get bored you are more than welcome to look at this weeks events either listed to the left or read the previous post
Maritime Pacific’s expansion coming sooner than you think.
- Last Friday while consuming a plate of onion rings and Jolly Royals I had a conversation with some of the brewer’s at the Jolly Roger regarding their pending move into a new 22,000 square foot facility. Current plans look to be around late September since they will be out of the old location by around October.
Some of the current perks will be seating for up to 75 people, onsite parking and maintaining a Ballard address. In regards to the brewery, the new estimated annual production will grow to approximately 20,000 barrels (or 40,000 kegs) of beer. This bump in production will aid in getting more kegs and more bottles of beer to the rest of the city. I know that is something that George has mentioned has been an ongoing concern.
Good luck with your expansion George & Jane. If you want more information you might read the write up from Dale at “My Ballard”.
Fremont Brewing Update
- A recent mention on Fremont Brewing’s site shows progress in finally releasing their Universal Pale and soon their entire lineup of beers. Currently they are working out the bugs regarding the Universal Pale Ale and with any luck this coming week or next you might find this beer on draft at a nearby alehouse.
Additionally Their tasting room is still under construction and stands right now as “pending”. This doesn’t mean you can’t swing in and get a beer to go (growler fill) or a t-shirt when you stop in though. And as a silver lining they will be planning a party to celebrate the brewery. More details to follow.
“… we have come to the decision that the tasting room will not open any time soon. With so many bars and restaurants eager to sell our beer, we need to focus on our wholesale business. We have a gorgeous space with splendid views in a totally happening neighborhood full of beer lovers but we don’t have the bandwidth right now to do everything it will take to make the tasting room structurally sound and comfortably appointed. So we’re putting off that part of the business until production, sales, and revenue are regularized. It’s a shame to miss out on this summer’s drinking season but the good news is that if we play our cards right, we could have everything, including the roof-top deck, ready for next summer” –source, Fremont Brewing’s Blog
Chuckanut turns 1!
- I got word from the head of marketing Amy Pfriem that this coming July 18th Will, Mari, Josh, Jim (Parker), and the rest of the staff will be celebrating their first successful year of providing consistent lagers and ales to the people Western Washington.
July 18th, 2009
Chuckanut Brewery & Kitchen
601 W Holly Street Bellingham, WA 98225-3920 (360) 752-3377
Live Music, Special Priced Beers & Outdoor BBQ.
Featuring Northwest Seafood! Live Music 4:00 PM PST to 10:00 PM PST, featuring …
- Dave Hannon 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- I Love You Avalanche 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Vox Solis 8:00 to 10:00 PM
Some bits and bites of information for you to digest during this week filled with great beer, great food, warm hospitality, and even more refreshing conversations.