On Thursday, June 28th, The Beer Junction is set to celebrate another milestone - their Anniversary. No this isn't their 10th, their 15th, or even their 25th. Instead, this marks the bottleshop's 8th Anniversary in the West Seattle neighborhood. What started as a modest hole in the wall, nestled in the bosom of a soon-to-be torn down building, has blossomed into one of the more organized and highly-rated spots to grab a beer on the shelf or on draft.
So what makes this year's anniversary special? Well in a word, Skookum Hazy IPA.
Brewed in collaboration with the brewery up north, the staff and ownership of The Beer Junction spent the day brewing what they think best reflects the character of the 'Junction. Come the 28th, starting at 11 am, you will have an opportunity enjoy a pint, meet the brewer, buy some limited-edition Anniversary gear.
**8th Anniversary Beer Release! Thursday June 28th; 11AM
We'll have the release of "Tommy Talon Goes To Space IPA" brewed by Skookum! This hazy IPA was hopped with Galaxy, Citra, Denali, and El Dorado. Tommy Talon will be available for draft pours (and crowlers and growlers) when we open at 11AM on Thursday June 28th.
**Brewer's Night! Thursday June 28th; 5-8PM
Meet Hollis from Skookum for a tap takeover featuring several other IPAs from Skookum, plus at least 2 barrel aged Skookum beers. The Brewer's Night goes from5-8PM on Thursday June 28th. During the Brewer's Night we'll also have dinosaur bubble guns, Morgan sporting his space pants, and Allison sporting a space dinosaur dress!
**Coloring book contest (will go on for 2 weeks)!
We'll have 5 different coloring book pages to choose from (1 example is below). We'll have colored pencils and crayons here in the bar to use, or feel free to work on them at home. Best coloring book page(s) will win Beer Junction gear and/or gift cards! We plan to start putting out the coloring book pages this Friday June 22nd.
**Anniversary shirts and glassware
We'll have two different anniversary shirts, plus a special anniversary can glass for sale. We're hoping to have these available for sale starting on Tuesday June 26th(depending on our printers). We'll send out pictures of the shirts and glassware in next week's email.
And last but not least- an awesome cellar list going on tap!
(We will be doing our best to get these all ready by noon on June 28th- but some may be tapped a little later in the afternoon).
- Cloudburst: Darkenflox
- Cloudburst: The Midnight Coterie of Sinister Intruders Nitro
- Holy Mountain: Temple of Heaven
- Burial: You Don't Party Barrel Aged Imperial Stout
- Firestone: Coconut Parabola
- Fremont: Barrel Aged Dark Star 2015
- Fremont: Bourbon Aged Abominable 2016
- Fremont: Coffee Barrel Aged Dark Star 2017
- Dogfish Head: 120 Minute IPA 2017
- De Molen: Heaven and Hell Imperial Stout (Bowmore Scotch Barrel Aged Version)
- Cascade: Belmont Bramble
- Boon: Oude Gueuze
- Goose Island: Regal Rye Bourbon County 2015
- Lost Abbey: Deliverance 2014
- Modern Times: Atlantis Barrel Aged Black Currant Sour
- Modern Times: Barrel Aged Pecan Monsters Park
- North Sound: Creepy Monkey with Coconut (table top cask)
- Oakshire: Hellshire VIII
- The Bruey: Sucre
- Skookum: Barrel Aged Memory of Light Imperial Stout
- Skookum: Buried in Light Wine Barrel Aged Grisette
- Avery: Nuttiest Professor 15.2% Barrel Aged Peanut Imperial Stout
- Paradox: Passion Fruit Barrel Aged Sour
- Urban Family: Perpetuation Sour with boysenberries, blueberries, and raspberries
The Beer Junction is located at 4511 California Ave. S.W. in Seattle.